LOCATION: HOUSTON, TX - WEBB-MURRAY
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Total Safety, the leading global outsourced provider of integrated safety and compliance solutions and products, and Webb Murray, a Total Safety Company, is seeking a Senior Designer to be responsible for the design of projects and holds applicable licenses and/or certificates to perform or supervise the work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Complexity of Duties and Decisions :
- Providing design for the specific project.
- Providing direction to project team members (status reports, schedule updates, cost summaries as required.)
- Provide customer interface including presentations, meeting attendance/input,
- Provide construction personnel with design assistance including interpretation of design and design changes as required.
- Code updates – summaries to engineering/design group.
- Product or design software updates - summaries to engineering/design group.
- Responsible for design in accordance with applicable and/or recognized codes standards.
- Responsible for providing applicable and/or recognized codes for the project.
- Determine, when applicable, alternate design methods.
INTERPERSONAL / COMMUNICATIONS:
- Responsible for the most efficient (cost efficient, constructability) design of a project.
- Responsible for design using readily available materials and equipment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND DEMANDS:
- Capable of defining requirements to design team members.
- Required to interface with the customer (verbally and written).
Work Environment :
• Primarily in office environment.
• Occasional field survey work in customer facilities
• 20% field (in plant) survey.
• 80% office work.
• High school diploma/GED or higher degree in an applicable discipline, preferable fire protection.
• 5 + years experience (working as a designer).
• Hold NICET certificates (Levels III or higher in one or more fire protection fields). If no NICET certifications, have a minimum of 15 years experience and be capable of NICET Level II certification(s) in two (2) years.
• Hold other state engineering/design licenses as required.
• Be proficient in the area specific design (water based suppression, fire alarm/detection, etc.)
• Specific training in design software/techniques and/or product design.
• CAD training (AutoCAD 2009© or higher)
Learning Curve: How much time is required to effectively perform the job? 3-6
HOW TO APPLY:
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision insurance coverage on a cost-sharing basis.
- Basic group term life, accidental death & dismemberment, and short and long-term disability insurance.
- Voluntary program of additional group term life insurance (and AD&D) is also available.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with matching.
- Generous vacation plan, holiday schedule and sick-time benefit plan.
Apply online at Total Safety U.S., Inc. career center. ( www.totalsafety.com ) Search for this job by location, complete online application and attach your resume, cover letter, and any other pertinent documents.
UNSOLICITED RESUMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED