GS5, LLC, a Northern Virginia based Limited Liability Company, provides a range of analytical, acquisition, and business management support services and products to Intelligence and Command and Control communities within the Department of Defense. Privately owned by the principle founders, the company leverages its domain expertise in intelligence analysis, program and business management methods and management tool development. GS5 provides a range of analytical, program and business management support services for the Joint Battle Command and Control and intelligence communities.
In 2008, GS5 was named Prime Contractor of the Year by the Small Business Administration, was also voted one of Virginia’s Top 100 Diversity Owned Small Businesses. In 2009 and 2010, GS5 was named to the Inc 500 list, as one of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies and received honorable mention distinction on the Washingtonian Magazine’s Great Places to Work list.
GS5 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minimum Experience :
Job Duties :
- Minimum 6 years of military or DoD/DoJ related biometric/forensics experience required.
- Proficient experience and knowledge with military forensics and IED exploitation activities at the tactical and operational levels of IED exploitation as defined in the WTI Handbook required.
- Must have knowledge of military organizations, operations and decision making process related to biometrics and forensics within DoD and Inter-agency partners.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers with experience using Microsoft Office Suite and web-based applications required.
- TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Essential Duties of the Job :
- Support the identification and synchronization of tasks, conditions, standards, and performance measures for the WTI process; provide support and assistance with Defense Forensics Enterprise (DFE) meetings and activities; review and evaluate DFE outputs, and synchronize working group outputs with emerging WTI doctrine, capabilities, and activities.
- Support the structuring of forensic capabilities to support operational needs; support the compliance of tactical biometric and identity management assets and programs with requirements; coordinate forensic analysis results with other DoD forensic activities, to ensure maximum efficacy of all tactical, operational and strategic capabilities related to forensics.
- Support the implementation of new or improved biometric strategies, management practices, and DoD internal controls, to improve operational effectiveness and integrate capabilities.
- Prepare and provide professional reports and briefings, and make recommendations to explain the essential elements of WTI, forensics, and how WIT supports/relates to DoD identity management efforts and capabilities.
- Support and assist in the review, comment, and development of Biometrics/Forensics policy that impacts C-IED operations, AtN efforts, and DoD biometric and identity management programs or capabilities.
- Support the identification of Forensic and WTI-related requirements for submission into the JCAAMP process and the response to those submitted to JIEDDO for resourcing or attention.
Physical Demands and Work Environment :
- Ability to communicate task requirement information to client in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time, as well as lead and participate in meetings and working groups.
- Requires visual acuity to use a keyboard.
- Must be able to attend work each day, during scheduled hours, unless on travel or approved time off.
- Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face-to-face.
- While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- May be exposed to chemicals related to office equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (i.e. general office environment).
- 401 (K) w/ up to 4% Company Match
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Basic & Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Annual Bonuses
- 10 Federal Paid Holidays
- Vacation & Sick Leave
- Wellness Plan
- Corporate-Sponsored Events
GS5 - 21 months ago