GS5, LLC, a Northern Virginia based Limited Liability Company, provides a range of analytical, acquisition, and business management support services and products to Intelligence and Command and Control communities within the Department of Defense. Privately owned by the principle founders, the company leverages its domain expertise in intelligence analysis, program and business management methods and management tool development. GS5 provides a range of analytical, program and business management support services for the Joint Battle Command and Control and intelligence communities.
In 2008, GS5 was named Prime Contractor of the Year by the Small Business Administration, was also voted one of Virginia’s Top 100 Diversity Owned Small Businesses. In 2009 and 2010, GS5 was named to the Inc 500 list, as one of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies and received honorable mention distinction on the Washingtonian Magazine’s Great Places to Work list.
GS5 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minimum Experience :
Job Duties :
- Minimum 6 years of proficient experience with US Government policy and doctrine required.
- Knowledge of DoD policy and C-IED Topics required.
- Experience in providing support at the Joint Operations Center/staff or equivalent level required.
- Demonstrated understanding of Joint and multi-national command structures required.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communications skills required.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers with experience using Microsoft Office Suite and web-based applications required.
- TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Essential Duties of the Job :
- Support government/military lead in writing, staffing, and coordinating WTI doctrine, CONOPS, Baseline Assessments, and guidance; support the government lead in ongoing revisions of the WTI Handbook and WTI family of lexicons.
- Support government/military lead in drafting joint IED best practices or doctrine; participate in WTI doctrine related meetings and provide debriefs.
- Support institutionalization of WTI policy and doctrine; make recommendations on the synchronization of the efforts of JIEDDO sponsored WTI doctrinal development activities; facilitate coordination as directed by government or military personnel.
- Prepare and coordinate staffing memorandum as directed; support preparation of General Officer/Flag Officer (GO/FO) level correspondence and briefings; attend meetings, VTCs, etc. that pertain to WTI doctrine and policy, as directed by the USG.
- At the direction of the Government lead, review JIEDDO internal policy actions for WTI Division interests and provide recommendations on changes, updates, or deletions.
Physical Demands and Work Environment :
- Ability to communicate task requirement information to client in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time, as well as lead and participate in meetings and working groups.
- Requires visual acuity to use a keyboard.
- Must be able to attend work each day, during scheduled hours, unless on travel or approved time off.
- Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face-to-face.
- While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- May be exposed to chemicals related to office equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (i.e. general office environment).
- 401 (K) w/ up to 4% Company Match
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Basic & Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Annual Bonuses
- 10 Federal Paid Holidays
- Vacation & Sick Leave
- Wellness Plan
- Corporate-Sponsored Events
GS5 - 18 months ago