Fox Filmed Entertainment
News Corporation's motion picture and television programming operations bring the best in comedy and drama to audiences around the globe. Fox Filmed Entertainment is a global leader in movie production and distribution. Twentieth Century Fox Film is responsible for some of the top grossing movies of all time, including history's most successful movies,
In television production, Twentieth Century Fox Television, together with the Company's other TV studios, produce and distribute some of the world's most popular television programming. The Company's TV studios are leaders in animated series and supply many of the most popular series to each of the major U.S. networks. Visit us at
Position Title: Food Server
Job Objective: To provide service in a friendly, efficient, professional manner, working as a team to ensure that the guest receives immediate and constant attention. Servers are expected to maintain constant awareness and attention to detail to guests dining, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction.
THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB ARE:
· Knows the method of preparation, primary ingredients, portion sizes, serving temperatures, quality standards, appearance and texture, taste, garnish and presentation for all menu items and Daily specials.
· Ensures that server station is prepared with proper china, glassware, silver and linen.
· Responsible for taking guests food and beverage orders in the prescribed manner, ensuring all requests are understood and communicated appropriately to the back of the house and food runner.
· Understands the Point of Sales System and utilizes the system as a communication vehicle when entering guest orders.
· Places plates correctly in front of guests while describing all items delivered to the table, mentioning item, sauce and garnish.
· Advises guest of hot plates and share plates.
· Knows table numbers, seat positions and station numbers.
· Communicates clearly with the guest and all other employees.
· Fires orders timely, as needed, while communicating special requests via the Point of Sales System.
· Keeps communication with expediter, runner or sous chef clear, concise and brief.
· Continually cleans and maintains tables and station in a neat and orderly manner.
· Is aware of changes in menu, daily specials, `86 board and participates in pre-shift meeting.
· Communicates clearly with kitchen and restaurant.
· Works directly with chef or lead cook on hot line throughout the shift.
· Relays all information, guest and/or staff accidents, complaints, comments or compliments to the manager on duty.
· Reports to manager on duty when arriving, prior to taking breaks and before leaving.
· Must check schedule for changes and is also aware of all posted memos.
· Complies with 20th Century Fox safety, health and general policies and procedures.
· Completes all assigned sidework as required, prior, during and after shift.
· Works special events as necessary.
· Works with food and beverage staff to help clear and set tables, stock service areas as needed, maintaining clean equipment and materials.
· Assists with set up and breakdown of special events, buffets and other group functions to include moving tables and chairs.
· Brings food to event buffet and returns to the kitchen as needed.
· Efficient and courteous, assumes a pleasant and helpful attitude towards all guests and fellow team members constantly striving to provide friendly efficient service.
· Complies with basic guidelines as provided in the restaurant manual regarding food and beverage service.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Must be able to work as a team with entire floor staff and kitchen staff ensuring timely, efficient service.
· Must possess speed, accuracy, attention to detail, courtesy and anticipation of guests needs.
· Should be in good physical condition and able to work for long periods of time on your feet.
· Possess physical strength to hand carry entrees, some pulling, pushing and lifting involved.
· Ability to work in high pressure environment.
· Have good communication skills both speaking and understanding English.
Previous Experience Required:
· Three years prior hotel/restaurant experience, preferably in first class operation.
· Detailed knowledge of food and beverage essential.
The position is located in Los Angeles, CA 90064.
today! Join Fox!
Fox is an Equal Opportunity Employer
21st Century Fox. - 12 months ago