Responsible for set up, serving, and clean up of regular meal service in the Apartment Dining Room
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. Prepares beverages for residents
2. Sets tables appropriately
3. Serves food according to resident tray ticket/meal specifications
4. Clears tables and performs dishwashing duties including pots and pans and other equipment, all in accordance with sanitary practices
5. Complies with proper dress code
6. Performs cleaning tasks in serving area/dining room as assigned
7. Develops and maintains effective working relationships with residents, their families, fellow employees, volunteers and the general public.
SECONDARY AND PERIODIC POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. May help maintain inventory
2. Attends required inservices and approved continuing education programs
3. May instruct new employees
The listing of essential and secondary position functions is not to be considered an exhaustive list of all duties which may be assigned.
Category II: Tasks that involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, but employment may require performing unplanned or occasional Category I tasks. (Category I: Tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, and and tissues.
1. Performs most duties indoors, under artificial lighting, with some daylight through windows; occasionally may be required to leave building for short periods of time, during all seasons.
2. Facility has both carpeted and tiled floors. Facility grounds have concrete walkways, gardens and grassy areas.
3. Facility is air conditioned during summer months and heated/humidified during the winter season.
4. Subject to temperature extremes, as well as ordinary dangers associated with using food service equipment.
5. Exposure to the peculiarities of the aged.
6. May perform some cleaning duties with Hazardous Chemicals.
1. High School student or graduate preferred
1. Previous food service experience desirable
1. Preferable at least 16 years of age
2. Ability to read, write, and speak the English language and to follow oral and written instructions
3. Ability to learn food sanitation, safety, housekeeping procedures accepted food service techniques, and operation and maintenance of food service equipment.
4. Ability to operate food service equipment
5. Trustworthiness and dependable, with willingness to accept suggestions and ability to cooperate.
6. High degree of personal cleanliness and hygiene, neat and well groomed in appearance.
7. Capability of a flexible work schedule with weekend and holiday duties.
8. Exhibits a sincere desire to work with the elderly and an interest in the understanding of the aging process.
9. Sucessfully completes a physical exam, pre-employment drug screen, and TB skin test, or chest X ray, as necessary.
1. Sits, stands, bends, and walks intermittently during the day
2. Bend to touch toes, bend at waist and able to do knee squats
3. Full extension of arms above head and to front of body
4. Frequently lifts weight of up to 25 pounds. Lifts up to 50 pounds infrequently with a variety of assistance from other staff or equipment
5. Push cart of 50-250 pounds, 50-500 feet.
1. Understands position description and acknowledges understanding with signature
2. Takes responsibility for attending ALL mandatory inservices as required by State Code
3. Takes responsibility for attending all scheduled staff meetings
4. Understands Universal Precautions and use, in care of residents, and acknowledges with signature
5. Understands Resident Rights and acknowledges with signature
6. Understands OSHA "Right to Know" and acknowledges with signature.