The Bristal at East Meadow is looking for waitstaff to serve meals to the Residents of our community. The successful candidates will have a positive attitude, the ability to provide excellent customer service and work in a upbeat and cooperative manner with fellow employees.
Must be able to work a Part Time flexible schedule to include weekends.
Some responsibilities include:
You must have an abiding respect for seniors and be able to speak in an audible and polite manner at all times.
- Take meal orders
- Check station tables for settings and cleanliness
- Read the menu before service so that you are able to assist the Residents with their selections
- Assist in the plating and proper portion controls of some or all of the following: appetizer, salads, soup, beverages and desserts
- Bus tables at the end of the meal
The ideal candidate will have experience:
- Waiter/Waitress in a restaurant or food service related industry
- Able to function in a fast paced environment
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Good communication, customer service and people skills
- Patient and able to deal with a demanding customer base
- Experience dealing with a senior population is preferred, but not required
- A team player willing to help out where needed to ensure a pleasurable dining experience for our Resident's
- Familiarity with food safety, food preparation and board of health guidelines a plus
The Bristal Assisted Living - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard