To perform physical and clerical warehouse duties such as the receiving, storing, picking, and shipping of materials as well as perform other duties when needed. Responsible for daily operations requirements set forth on branch operations responsibility list.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely and accurately.
- Loads, unloads trucks, moves material in a safe manner manually or by using forklift, pallet jack, handcart or other device.
- Accurately, counts, checks, prepare, and records items being received or shipped.
- Assembles, packages, labels, stacks, palletizes, and routes material for safe delivery or storage.
- Complete paperwork, documentation, and data input in accordance with established procedures.
- Performs maintenance and housekeeping duties.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge of GCE policies and procedures, general product knowledge, participates in training, and attends meetings as requested
- Acts in helpful and cooperative manner towards customers and co-workers.
- Participates in processes and programs aimed at promoting a safe work environment.
- Good computer aptitude necessary to acquire a working knowledge of the Eclipse software support system
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Safe driving and forklift operator courses desirable.
- Knowledge of forklift operations and warehouse equipment preferred.
- Equivalent education or experience may be substituted for any of the above.
Granite City Electric Supply Company - 10 months ago