Provide customer satisfaction through product availability and on-time delivery. To manage finished product inventory to ensure that customer service objectives are met or exceeded. Maintain proactive communications with corporate sales and customer service departments. Responsible for the management of a $20,000,000 finished product inventory. Oversees the accurate completion of all distribution transactions including out-bounds, transfers, in-bounds and export shipments.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Direct the efficient handling of all orders through shipping and arrival at destinations.
- Coordinate with Production Planning to insure product availability.
- Daily communications with sales and customer service to maintain service requests and requirements.
- Oversee distribution to the West Coast storage facility, export customers and the East Coast distribution facility.
- Analyze business conditions and make recommendations to respond to business needs as they change.
- Implement approved changes in warehouse/distribution departments.
Qualifications, Requirements and Competencies
- Bachelors degree with an emphasis in logistics or transportation economics field.
- 5 years experience in a traffic related position.
- Working knowledge of total distribution functions, requiring detail analysis and cost control.
CareerBuilder - 18 months ago