Receives, stores, and distributes cylinders and merchandise within establishment and onto distribution trucks by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine what cylinders and/or welding supplies need to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Conveys cylinders or merchandise from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places cylinders and merchandise according to predetermined sequence such as size, type of gas or equipment, color or brand.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places cylinders and/or merchandise on trucks.
- Maintains cleanliness of warehouse, dock area and store.
- Transfers cylinders to and from filling cages, trucks, and storage areas.
- Records quantity of item pumped and conducts monthly cylinder audits.
- Fills liquid cylinders with pumping equipment.
- Connects pipelines between pumps and cylinders being filled or emptied.
- Observes pressure gauges and flowmeters, and adjusts valves to regulate speed of pump and control pressure and rate of flow of liquid gas.
- Maintains pumps and lines by replacing filters and gaskets, tightening connections, and adjusting pumps.
- Inspects liquid cylinders for defects before filling.
- Backs up route drivers and makes deliveries as needed.
- Assists with inside sales, stocking of shelves and semi-annual inventories.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively to customers, clients, vendors or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Hazardous materials training and certification.
- Commercial driver’s license with hazmat and airbrakes endorsements.
- Forklift training.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Matheson Tri-Gas is an industrial gas manufacturer and distributor based in Basking Ridge, NJ. The safety of our employees, Customers, and...