SABIC Polymershapes headquartered in Huntersville, North Carolina is the leading distributor of plastic materials and related products in the Americas serving customers in the image, transportation, industrial, and building and construction markets. Our broad portfolio of trusted brands, coupled with the largest branch network in the industry makes SABIC Polymershapes one of the most respected distributors in North and South America.
SABIC Polymershapes, is a strategic business within SABIC, one of the world’s leading providers of advanced engineering thermoplastics with revenues of $6.88B and over 9,000 employees operating in 35 countries. We are backed by our parent company, SABIC – one of the top 10 petrochemical companies in the world, bringing a legacy of material expertise, innovation and unmatched commitment to our customers.
At a time when many companies are rationalizing or retrenching, SABIC Polymershapes is implementing a strategy designed to achieve rapid growth. Founded on four core values – Inspire, Engage, Create and Deliver - we differentiate ourselves on flawless execution, world-class customer support and uncompromising integrity.
The SABIC culture provides a unifying business performance focus and builds on the strengths of our multi-cultural family. Our people are passionate, highly motivated and results-oriented. Their energy, enthusiasm, and dedication to driving performance every day are key to SABIC Polymershapes’ continued growth and success. It doesn’t matter where you’ve come from, as a long as you have a history of success, a strong desire to excel in our business and want to work as part of a winning team to create growth.
SABIC offers a competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program that includes a company car, pension and a 401-K plan with match.
SABIC Polymershapes has a tremendous opportunity for a Warehouse Leader at the Riverside, MO branch. The Warehouse Leader role is a hands-on, “roll up your sleeves” job that requires a person who will both “lead and do”. The ability to work effectively side-by-side with the warehouse team as well as manage & delegate is essential for success in this role. SABIC Polymershapes has differentiated itself from the competition by providing exceptional customer service. The Warehouse Leader role is vital to our branch’s overall success at providing service that exceeds that of any other competitor in the industry.
• Working leader who, under the direction of the Branch Manager, engages the warehouse team (general warehouse workers, fabricators and drivers) to perform day-to-day operations within the warehouse, including work scheduling, on-time order delivery, shipping & receiving, inventory control, equipment/facilities maintenance, etc.
• Leads by example to create and deliver a safe work environment in which all SABIC Polymershapes safety procedures are followed and a clean, orderly warehouse is maintained
• Partners with the Branch Manager to staff the branch with exceptional people and inspires them to work together effectively as a team to meet/exceed customer requirements
• Maintains a positive employee relations climate, consistent with the values of the company and compliant with all fair employment principles
• Manages warehouse costs to budget
• Performs other tasks as needed for the safe, efficient operation of the warehouse facility
• High School Diploma/GED required (Associate Degree or more preferred)
• 3-5 years of Warehouse experience with at least 1 year in a supervisory role
• Strong knowledge of shipping, receiving, and warehouse functions
• Strong knowledge of warehouse organization and how it effects branch efficiencies
• Ability to learn basic operation of equipment such as CNC routers, saws, and edge finishers in order to meet customer fabrication needs when necessary
• Customer oriented
• Must have an excellent attendance record and have dependable communication (phone)
• Must be a detail-oriented worker that can work and manage in a team environment
• Must have effective written and verbal communication skills
• Must have professional appearance, attitude and actions
• Need to be able to lift at least 50lbs and be able to operate machinery such as a forklift, pallet jack, power lifts in a safe manner
• Need to be able to perform basic math & computer functions with regard to inventory control, receiving, and shipping
• Must submit your application for employment through www.sabic-ip.com/careers to be considered
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must pass a background investigation as part of the selection process
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S.
• If currently a SABIC Innovative Plastics employee, you must have been in your current position for at least 18 months, have at least a satisfactory rating, and have your manager’s approval.
• Six Sigma training a plus
• Oracle 11i experience not required but helpful
• Distribution, plastics or otherwise, experience helpful