Title: Warehouse Maintenance Technician
Pay type: Hourly
Reports to: Warehouse/Facilities Manager
The Warehouse Maintenance Technician is responsible for the preventative maintenance and repair of material handling equipment, machinery and building facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Performs and schedules preventative maintenance of conveyor and sortation equipment.
- Diagnose and service conveyor system including; merge, sorter, conveyor accumulation, loaders, compressed air system, pallet racking, carton flow and push-back systems.
- Building Maintenance - maintenance of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry and sprinkler system as needed.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on material handling equipment as required.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition while following prescribes safety regulations.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Minimum of ten years relevant work experience and/or training, with a minimum of 5 years conveyor experience or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Must be familiar with Buschman conveyor systems and Unisort sortation equipment. Able to track conveyor belts; change out motors, reducers, chains and rollers with correct alignment. Must also be able to perform preventative maintenance with all conveyor systems.
- Working knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, PLC (Allen Bradley PLC a plus) and computer driven diagnostic tools.
- Required to be familiar with and use all hand tools and power tools common to the skills listed. Willingness to provide personal tools a plus.
- Ability to diagnose electrical device problems including but not limited to motor overloads, faulty proximity switches, PLC communication faults and able to change electrical panel devices. Comfortable identifying and executing solutions for electrical problems.
- Able to read and interpret drawings, sketches, instructions and specifications.
- Excellent communication skills, able to work well with others and ability to relay problems to outside vendors via phone or email.
- Excellent attention to detail and able to diagnose and solve problems with little outside input/support.
- Able to work flexible hours and be available on all shifts should a need arise. May be required to work on an on-call basis and serve as a backup.
- Should have experience operating a scissor lift, boom lift and other material handling equipment.
- General Safety.
- Material Handling equipment safety.
- Lifting of objects up to 60 lbs. and considerable moving of equipment required.
- Must be able to pass Major Brands fit-for-duty exam.
Major Brands - 11 months ago