J OB DESCRIPTION FOR MAKE READY/ DELIVERY DRIVER
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This Job Description identifies the major responsibilities of this position. It does not include all aspects of this position such as potential additional duties assigned by management and the requirements for flexibility in helping others for the company’s overall benefit.
Marimon Delivery Driver is responsible for contributing to customer satisfaction with supply and equipment orders by ensuring professionalism and accuracy in every stage of the delivery process. In addition, the Delivery Driver is responsible for prompt and accurate deliveries of customer products throughout their given Territory. This job class requires attention to details, initiative, and organizational skills.
The Major Areas Directed Are:
Duties Include But Are Not Limited To:DAILY:
- Responsible for receiving, checking in orders and report any shortages/misfills to manager.
- Assist in loading delivery orders onto truck.
- Assist in routing deliveries to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Make deliveries resulting in customer satisfaction, pleasantly interacting with all customers.
- Call customers to confirm delivery time, location, and any special instructions.
- Delivery truck must be kept clean and washed on a weekly basis or as needed.
- Responsible for regular preventive maintenance on delivery truck.
- Assist with keeping warehouse clean and organized and clean.
- Perform all others tasks and assignments as requested by management.
- Participates in the receipt, unpacking, and inspection of incoming supplies and equipment; checking for damages as well as conformity to purchase orders and packing slips.
- Contacts Warehouse Manager on shortages, overages, or misidentified items received.
- Operates delivery truck, forklift and other warehouse tools and equipment when needed.
- Establishes and maintains records and prepares routine reports related to warehouse stock and equipment.
- Maintenance of Shop including organization, cleanliness as follows: sweeping, equipment/work benches, create bins as needed, disposing of trash and boxes.
- Run up and delivery installation.
- Manage backorders for out of stock inventory.
- Check packing list, fulfill all items to include toner and surge protector.
- Goal is to have the delivery trucks pre-loaded night before and ready for delivery at 8:30am.
- Scan to email all signed sales order tickets and close out open work order calls.
- Check email periodically for sales order picking tickets, pull equipment to fill orders, and prepare for Make Ready. Contact Warehouse Manager of all back orders.
- Responsible for wrapping copiers and/or fax machines including surge protectors with correct color stretch wrap and setting in proper “Bin” and verify surge protector.
- Close work orders and enter meter reads.
- Keep loading dock clear at all times.
- Maintain toner levels and supplies in showroom. Verify equipment is operational.
Minimum Attributes to Perform the Essential Functions of the Position:
- Assist in compiling physical inventory count of the following equipment and retain proper accuracy reports for: Marimon, Used, Demo, Showroom, MBM, Office
All Warehouse Personnel keep a current Texas Drivers License and satisfactory driving record in order to meet the qualifications for this position.
- Ability to move and lift equipment/supplies in excess of 50 pound boxes.
- Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time with only short rest breaks.
- Ability to make deliveries into buildings with varied types of access.
- Ability to function in a fast paced, high stress environment, under substantial time pressure.
- Must demonstrate a “Customer 1 st ” level of professionalism.
Page 2 of 2
Monster - 19 months ago