FreshDirect is a leading online grocer in the U.S., delivering premium quality fresh-from-the-farm foods and brand-name groceries to customers in the greater New York, New Jersey, Connecticut metro area and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. With a more than 2,000-member workforce that is still growing, FreshDirect places an emphasis on nutritious, delicious meals and convenient services that allow customers more time to live healthy lives. FreshDirect aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves.
For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com . Follow FreshDirect on Twitter: @freshdirect and on Facebook: facebook.com/FreshDirect
- Running a daily shuttle back and forth from the warehouse to the plant
- Provides timely delivery and unloading of grocery products from one building to the other
- Working in the warehouse utilizing a pallet jack and forklift
- Ensure product is moved from receiving staging area to proper designated area
- Complies with all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
- Maintains truck operating efficiency (Pre/post-trip)
- Load and unload product of varying size and weight
- Maintains delivery, truck, and driving records
Qualification requirements for the driver include the following:
Compensation: $13.50 Per Hour
- Must be at least 21 years old
- A minimum of 1 year commercial truck driving experience
- Ability to read and speak the English language well enough to do the job
- Can safely operate the motor vehicle he/she will be driving
- Mobile equipment operator or have ability to acquire a certification
- Have a current valid motor vehicle operator’s license
- Must be able to work weekends (Saturday & Sunday)
- Must be able to work a flexible shift (mornings and/or evenings)
- Ability to maneuver 25 lbs to 80 lbs with appropriate equipment
- Required to wear oil and slip resistant shoes
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
DisclaimerThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work
being performed by the Teammember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subjectto change as the needs of the organization changes.
As EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYERS , Fresh Direct, LLC and its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of
their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, or any other factor
protected by federal, state, or local law.
The emphasis is on fresh at online grocer FreshDirect. The Internet grocery shopping service delivers to many New York City neighborhoods in...