Inspect incoming and outgoing aircraft parts and appliances for conformity and to ensure absolute compliance to customers’ specifications.
Work involves most of the following: verifying materials against receiving documents, noting and reporting discrepancies and obvious damages; routing materials to prescribed storage locations; storing, stacking, or palletizing materials; rearranging and taking inventory of materials; removing material from storage and preparing it for shipment.
This worker may operate hand or power trucks in performing warehousing duties.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Inspection shall include, but not be limited to:
Packing and shipping shall include, but not be limited to:
- Check for any obvious physical damage
- Testing, sampling, sorting and packaging of parts
- Verification of part numbers, model numbers, serial numbers, lot and/or batch numbers, etc.
- Verification of quantity and unit of measure
- Verification that all appropriate required documentation is at hand, and are properly completed, and signed.
- Check for proper packaging, wrapped, packaged, boxed, capped and plugged.
- Check and verification of shelf-life, hazardous material and static-sensitive material.
- Enter inspection information in Quantum
- Take pictures of items and scan all documentation
- Pack, unpack, sort, stack, warehouse, bin and move items.
- Make in-storage checks for maintenance and damage.
- Locate items; compare identifying information in computers with documents stock tags, bin markings or box markings.
- Select stock in quantities indicated by the document
- Report location discrepancies and damage to supervisor.
- Assemble picked items and move stock to locations (assembly or pickup areas)
- Unload conveyances, move supplies by handcart or other non-mechanized conveyance.
- Complete inventory documentation.
- Sign for items to show receipt, tally out shipments and complete documents after ensuring that supplies are shipped in properly marked, tagged and labeled containers.
- Re-stack items and straighten as needed.
- Transfer stock to proper location.
- Operate various forklifts and high rise equipment.
- May operate hand or power trucks in performing warehousing duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Key success Factors:
- Put-away and picking parts
- Loading, unloading and lifting (50 lbs)
- Packaging and shipping
- Ability to deal with part numbers and documentation with accuracy
- Ability to think strategically with order fulfillment
- Ability to develop positive workplace relationships
Work is conducted in a warehouse environment. Work may require lifting up to 50 lbs; stooping; climbing; prolonged standing; prolonged sitting; and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical and chemical agents. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published Company work rules. Must wear steel toe shoes at all times.
Qualifications / Requirements:
About the Company
- MUST have previous experience in aviation inspecting, receiving and shipping aircraft parts.
- Experience with aviation software like Quantum or Pentagon.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 or ASA-100 and FAA requirements
- High school diploma or higher
- Experience and previous license operating forklift
- Hazmat certification
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong computer skills
- Typing (at least 30 WPM)
- Attention to details
- Must possess and continuously maintain a current State of Florida Driver's License.
- Must receive a favorable background check and drug testing results.
We are a government contractor for Latin American military forces and a supplier for airlines and aircraft operators. We have been in business for over 10 years. We are located in Doral, FL and we have representatives in Latin American countries. We offer competitive salary.
Aeronautic Investments Inc - 6 months ago