WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR I
This position supervises all warehouse receiving, shipping, inventory control, staff and administrative functions per established business standards and processes as well as promotes a safe environment and positive working relationships with supporting department to provide seamless order process to our external customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage/Supervise warehouse operators
- Manage inventory control to include stock replenishment, discrepancy resolution, cycle counting and physical inventory
- Supervise receiving/shipping actions (physical and system)
- Coordinate order processing and problem resolution with management and other company departments
- Manage Health, Safety, Environment and Security issues, HM/HW processes and 5S Program
- Perform administrative functions to include but not limited to preparation of reports, work orders, purchase requisitions, employee time cards
- Resolve and manage freight issues
- Comply with all safety training requirements
- High school diploma/GED with 7-10 years warehouse operations experience; College degreed preferred.
- Ability to effectively organize and present information and respond appropriately to questions from employees, managers, customers and representatives from external organizations
- Possess strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to perform various mathematical functions to include calculations involving proportion, percentage, area, and volume, and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend/stoop, lift, walk, kneel, crouch and climb for extended periods of time as required.
- The ability to lift 50 pounds frequently without assistance and 100 pounds with assistance as required.
- Must have good hearing and vision, including peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to correctly perceive color.
- Must be able to qualify on material handling equipment.
- Must be able to pass pulmonary function test, remain clean shaven for respirator fit, and be able to work in a respirator as required.
- Must be able to travel occasionally via all normal modes of conveyance.
What can AkzoNobel offer you?
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term Disability, 401(k) with immediate company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
Must be eligible to work in the United States. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screening required. Environmentally-responsible business. Phone calls will not be accepted.
Akzo Nobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.