Responsible for entire Ft Pickett logistics operation:
- Ordering, receiving, warehousing, kitting and shipping
- Unloading all incoming cargo vehicles
- Inventory all received shipping containers
- Verify shipping documents for quantity, part number, serial number, and serviceability
- Initiate warranty tags/stickers as required
- Report and adjust inventory discrepancies for damaged or erroneous cargo
- Update computer database for quantity received, issued, etc.
- Responsible to insure all hazardous cargo is shipped IAW IATA and DOT standards.
- Pack, crate, prepare manifests and documents, and ship all outgoing cargo
- Provide oversight/security for pilferable, shelf-life, and warranty items
- Ensure warehouse facilities are clean and serviceable
- Use various machines, automation equipment, calculators, and recorders to prepare printed material
Knowledge & Skills Required
Preferred candidate will have
- Must have excellent computer skills and knowledge of warehouse management
- Working knowledge of shipping and receiving techniques
- Ability to read, write, compute percentages, and interpret instructions in a technical area.
- Excellent communication skills are a minimum
- Must have a valid driver's license and able to safety operate a vehicle
- Must be able to work and communicate well with customers and employees
Bachelors Degree with 3+ years related experience
Or an Associate’s Degree with 5+ years related experience
Or High School/equivalent with 7+ years of related experience
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)., Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. , The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
Manager with Direct Reports
Feb 7, 2013, 4:18:15 PM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Textron - 20 months ago