Hajoca Corporation is the nation’s largest privately held wholesale distributor of plumbing, heating and air-conditioning, industrial pipes-valves-fittings, pool and waterworks supplies for residential, commercial, industrial and infrastructure construction. We have approximately 350 locations throughout the United States, representing the premier product lines in our industry.
Since 1858, Hajoca has been blending the strengths and clout of a large company with freedom and opportunity for employees. The company will continue to grow and prosper because our fundamental business philosophy works: emphasis on entrepreneurial spirit, expert knowledge, strong incentives for our employees, and devotion to Hajoca’s prove business principles of “Service, Integrity, Reliability.”
Job Summary- McDonald Supply a Division of Hajoca Corporation is seeking a Warehouse Team Member/Delivery Driver!
The Warehouse Team Member/Delivery Driver is responsible for counting, verifying and receiving incoming vendor shipments and customer return material; for stocking and maintaining the warehouse; and for picking, documenting and packing customer orders in accordance with company policy and procedure. In addition, this candidate will load trucks and make merchandise deliveries and pickups within a 100 mile radius while working safely at all times. The ideal candidate is friendly, observant, and able to determine customer needs and communicate that information to the on site manager. Attention to detail ensures the highest levels of customer satisfaction. This position has the potential for many long term opportunities in the business including sales, inventory control, and management opportunities. The Warehouse Team Member/Delivery Driver has the benefit of learning the business and participating in Hajoca's Red Carpet program for personal and professional development. Each team member is expected to use critical thinking skills and take ownership to create an environment in which profit sharing bonuses can be attained based on the performance and profitability of the West Burlington location.
1. Perform all job functions in accordance with the company's safety standards.
2. Receiving Duties
- Upon receipt of a vendor shipment or customer return, obtain the packing slip and count and verify material received. Note received quantities and all shipping discrepancies (overshipments, undershipments, mis-shipments, damage/shorted freight claim) on the packing slip. Contact the vendor to resolve shipping issues.
- Print and verify the computer receiving documents and receive material in the system.
- Identify nonstock, special order material and damaged material and store in proper warehouse locations.
- Note all shipping discrepancies on freight carrier''s Bill of Lading; initiate freight claims with freight carriers.
3. Picking and Shipping Duties
- Pick material for orders, note quantities picked on the shipping document, assemble and package the materials for shipment/pick up.
- Check picked material against printed ticket to ensure accuracy.
- Complete necessary documentation for customer shipments delivered via third-party carrier.
4. Drive Hajoca truck, operating it safely and in compliance with Company rules, applicable laws and regulations. Destinations include job sites, customer facilities, vendor facilities, other Hajoca locations, facilities of other wholesalers, or other locations as directed by management.
5. Assist customers who purchase and/or pick up merchandise at the Profit Center.
6. Process and fill Sales Orders generated at the sales counter.
7. Provide customers with reliable information regarding product specifications, pricing and availability.
8. Keep counter area and merchandise displays clean, neat, current, stocked and safely displayed.
9. Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education, Training and Experience
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills.
- Able to quickly develop comprehensive knowledge of products sold at the Profit Center.
- Possess a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to build and maintain a positive working relationship with customers, vendors and co-workers.
- Know of, be able to apply and practice safety precautions in a warehouse and material handling environment.
- Able to learn to safely operate a forklift and other material handling equipment in use at the Profit Center.
- Able to learn and operate (keyboard and mouse) the applicable software system (Eclipse, Mincron) used for warehouse-related operations.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- High school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
- 1 year warehouse receiving and material handling experience
- Knowledge of products sold at the Profit Center preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Sitting (in chair) 10%
Lifting Frequently up to 100 pounds
Carrying Frequently up to 80 pounds
Pushing/Pulling Frequently up to 200 pounds
Controls Use of both hands and arms and use of both feet and legs
Strength level Active, demanding
The following movements and senses are required in this job:
Hand and finger dexterity, climbing, stooping, crouching, kneeling, reaching, talking, hearing, near vision, far vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and depth perception.
Hajoca Corporation - 13 months ago
Hajoca firmly believes that our employees drive the success of the company. We offer rewarding career opportunities for recent graduates or...