Please note: This requisition is to gage internal / external interest in a possible future Rinchem opening.
General Statement of the Job:
The Warehouse Technician/Driver performs activities directly and indirectly related to the completion of environmental and hazardous material warehousing; performs deliveries and warehousing functions.
General Requirements of the Job:
1. Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Must possess and maintain a Class A CDL with HazMat and Tanker endorsements.
3. At least two (2) years of driving experience required.
4. Clean Driving Record required.
5. Forklift experience required.
6. Flexibility in schedule required. Some weekends required
7. Warehouse duties may also be assigned involving the load/unloading of trucks and acting as backup to warehouse personnel.
8. Must be able to successfully complete required training per 29 CFR 1910.120 to perform job duties.
9. Must pass extensive background check.
10. Must be able to successfully pass post-offer employment physical and drug screen and maintain medical certification annually.
Essential Requirements and Specifications of the Job:
1. Familiarity with OSHA, DOT, and RCRA regulations.
2. Ability to organize, package, store, ship and receive materials used on jobs which requires:
a. Ability to organize and keep an inventory of materials.
b. Ability to access shelves (up to 6 feet tall), boxes, warehoused pallets.
c. Ability to repeatedly grasp, and move empty drums, five gallon pails, boxes of supplies and materials weighing up to 75 pounds.
d. Ability to perform these tasks in various company facilities and at remote facilities.
3. Ability to observe work in and around hazardous materials, in flammable storage and work areas, within hazardous materials remediation sites, at emergency response scenes.
4. Ability to communicate with outside vendors, customers, providers, and other Rinchem employees which requires verbal and written communication skills. Also requires the ability to establish a personal rapport with people.
5. Ability to schedule, plan, prioritize, and set goals in connection with chemical handling.
6. Possible exposure to hazards including:
a. Frequent exposure to moving, mechanical parts.
b. Occasional exposure to electrical shock.
c. Occasional work in high, exposed places.
d. Occasional exposure to radiant energy.
e. Occasional exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals.
f. Occasional use of full-face respirator and proper PPE.
1. Operate forklift on a daily basis
2. Load and unload trucks in compliance with DOT regulations and Rinchem procedures
3. Perform daily forklift pre-trips, notifying supervisor of required repairs and maintenance. Add water to forklift batteries according to schedule, and as needed.
4. Perform daily pre-trips of all tractors and trailers used, certifying DOT road worthiness and compliance with the organization’s policies and procedures. Immediately report any noncompliant findings to supervisor and/or facility manager.
5. Check staged loads to be delivered to ensure they match the BOL’s and are DOT compliant.
6. Perform safe and efficient deliveries to and for customers as directed on a daily basis. Maintain a delivery log that tracks deliveries and is turned in on a weekly basis with pre-trips or as required by supervisor.
7. Maintenance of the facility exterior, including but not limited to maintenance of wheel chocks, trash pick up, weed and brush removal, sweeping etc.
8. Maintain rigorous communication with Warehouse Supervisor and/or Facility Manager on issues such as safety concerns, faulty or damaged equipment, rejected or damaged material, accidents, etc.
9. Assist warehouse staff as needed in maintenance of warehouse facility including replacement and/or repair of racking system, painting, wall repair, etc.
10. Assist warehouse staff as needed in maintaining warehouse cleanliness by operating floor scrubber/brooms, emptying trash etc.
11. Act as a backup for warehouse personnel in pulling orders, checking orders, and receiving customer product in accordance with all regulations and the organization’s Standards of Performance.
12. All other duties as assigned.