As a strategic business within SABIC's Innovative Plastics business, a global leader in engineered thermoplastics resin solutions, SABIC Polymershapes is the leading distributor, fabricator/converter of plastic rod, tube, film, sheet and engineered products. SABIC Polymershapes has approximately 750 employees in 70 locations across the US, Canada and Mexico/Latin America. As a competitive distributor, Polymershapes services 4 key market segments: Image (i.e. Graphics, Sign, Image, Labels, Display), Building & Construction, Transportation and Industrial/Manufacturing.
SABIC Polymershapes has a tremendous opportunity in the Santa Fe Springs, CA branch as a Warehouse Worker. We are looking for a self-motivated individual with a desire to learn a trade in Polymershapes from the ground up.
The Warehouse Worker provides superior service by delivering products & services that exceed customer expectations. You can make an impact upon the future of our organization.
SABIC Polymershapes employees experience a unique working environment and the stability of an established industry leader combined with interesting opportunities to learn, grow and make a difference for our customers. We take pride in offering a competitive salary and benefits package, reward & recognition and personal and professional development that provide for tremendous promotional opportunities.
• Perform tasks associated with the receipt, storage, shipment and fabrication of product / materials -unload / load trailers -pick / pack / ship -stock / cycle count material -cut-to-size
• Use established tools, equipment and technologies required to complete transactions related to In/Out-bound processes within the warehouse
• Adhere to and enforce basic housekeeping standards, safe operating procedures; e.g. OSHA, PPE, etc. and basic building maintenance
• Maintain inventory accuracy through effective use of computerized scanning equipment and other inventory maintenance reports
• Ability to facilitate and develop effective relationships with 3rd party freight carriers
• Ability to develop and maintain excellent customer satisfaction by providing unmatched quality & service
• Work effectively with others in a team based environment to accomplish company goals and to identify and resolve customer issues.
· High School diploma or GED required
· Able to meet deadlines and production requirements
· Able to follow instructions with minimal supervision
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis; up to 75 lbs occasionally
· Able to operate computerized scanning or power equipment, e.g. forklift, pallet-jack, handcart, Saw, CNC, etc.
· Able to work in a team environment
· Experience with MS Office and basic math skills
· Detail oriented and organized to ensure accuracy and quality
· Must be customer service oriented
· Possess superior time management skills with the ability to prioritize workload
· Flexible and willing to work independently
· Excellent attendance record & dependable transportation
· Professional in appearance, attitude and actions
· Must submit your application for employment through www.sabic-ip.com to be considered
· Must be 18 years or older
· Must pass the drug test as part of the selection process
· Must pass a background investigation as part of the selection process
· Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
· Highly motivated
· Organized / Detail-Oriented
· Team Player
SABIC Innovative Plastics is a leading, global supplier of engineering thermoplastics with a 75-year history of breakthrough solutions that...