Efficiently and safely handles cartons to ensure productive and accurate processing of merchandise to the store network. May be responsible for one or more of the following job duties.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Receiving: Unloads cartons and/or pallets of cartons from inbound trailers. Unloading cartons is done by hand, while pallets are unloaded with a pallet jack. Cartons are palletized for movement through the warehouse, or for storage in the warehouse.
2. Depalletization: Hand unloads cartons from pallets and/or carts, and places them on a mechanized conveyor system. An adhesive backed bar-coded label is also hand applied to some cartons.
3. Feeding: Retrieves carts or pallets (with the aid of a pallet jack) of merchandise from a staging area. Unloads cartons from carts and places them on a packing station table. Opens the carton with a box cutter.
4. Shipping: Hand unloads cartons from an electrically operated conveyor and then hand stacks them into an outbound trailer. Pallets of merchandise are loaded into outbound trailers with the use of a pallet jack.
5. Facility Cleanliness/Safety: Ensures work area is organized, neat and clean. Always uses safe lifting techniques and operates all power equipment safely.
¿ Cheerful and helpful attitude towards customers/guests
¿ Work independently and in a TEAM environment
¿ Good communication skills
¿ Good personal and team organizational skills
¿ Able to lift and carry merchandise weighing up to 47 lbs. regularly, and up to 60 lbs. on an infrequent basis with a team lift.
Adecco - 15 months ago
At Adecco, we work for you.
Adecco is the world’s largest provider of staffing solutions. But it’s not our size that makes...