Warehouseman - Savannah
1. Follows all applicable safety rules while completing all aspects of the position.
2. Receives and places into inventory, all incoming building material products.
3. Organizes and maintains warehouse for effective and efficient utilization of available storage space while also ensuring that all products can be quickly retrieved for shipment.
4. Maintains all products in a quality and marketable condition and keeps accurate inventory records.
5. Pulls ordered material from inventory and stages it for placement or delivery vehicles.
6. Loads material directly onto customer’s vehicle.
1. Knows and follows all applicable safety rules and procedures.
2. Knowledgeable in all applicable building material products and be able to quickly recognize and respond to noticeable quality problems.
3. Able to safely and efficiently operate a forklift and be able to handle heavy and awkward loads.
4. Knowledgeable in regulations concerning truck weight limits when loading. Able to estimate the weight of forklift loads so that the delivery vehicles are properly loaded and are not overweight.
5. Able to physically sort through various products in order to remove defective material. As an example, board bundles range in size from 4’ x 8’ and larger and weigh 115 pounds or greater.
For more than 110 years, Chicago-based USG has been a leader in producing innovative products and systems that build the environments in...