Warranty Specialist I - Weekend 1st Shift in Savannah, GA
This Weekend 1st shift position will be Thursday - Sunday 7:00am - 5:30am.
Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access
- Bachelors degree in Business, Engineering, Manufacturing Technology, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- See Other Requirements in Job Description.Two (2) years of progressively responsible manufacturing/service experience in aviation or related industry.
With moderate direction, perform stipulated responsibilities with the administration of warranty, customer satisfaction and/or program claims to ensure they are made in a fair and consistent manner and in accordance with contractual obligations. Support continuous improvements to the corporate warranty, customer satisfaction and/or program processes. Audit high dollar charges to warranty and program accounts and all charges to Initial Phase customer satisfaction accounts. Prepare reports that identify major contributors to warranty and/or programs costs and address the need for corrective action with the Supervisor.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Assist customer contacts and employees at the Gulfstream Service Center locations and 3rd party maintenance facilities to ensure the fair, consistent and timely resolution of warranty, customer satisfaction and/or program claims, in accordance with contractual obligations.
2) Prepare revenue invoices to recover program expenses and in support of other program activities.
3) Properly allocate cost and revenue to appropriate accounts, in accordance with established program support requirements.
4) Maintain database of all claims processed with pertinent data parameters
5) Perform research of work orders and interface with technical personnel and program support organizations as necessary to arrive at the proper determination on claims being disputed by customers and to support queries received from other facilities.
6) Finalize and post Gulfstream site and material invoices. .
7) Advise the Supervisor of conditions where it is felt that a supplier should be responsible for costs and initiate action with the appropriate person in Purchasing.
8) Generate labor and material supplier claims to support recovery of program costs for items eligible for supplier warranty consideration.
9) Prepare monthly accruals and other information to support financial activities for monthly closing.
10) Identify high dollar and repeat conditions escalating warranty and/or programs expenses and report them to the Supervisor
11) Accomplish a monthly random audit of labor transactions charged to warranty, customer satisfaction and/or program accounts spread out throughout the month on various documents. Correct and forward results by organization to the Supervisor.
12) Manage receivables for program accounts in accordance with established account credit limits, ensuring timely payment of open invoices and issuing credits as required.
13) Maintain electronic records of all data related to adjudicated claims.
1) Actively participate in training sessions and conference calls to sites.
2) Other duties as assigned.
1) A high level of computer literacy including Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience in Gulfstream systems preferred.
2) Excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to develop and present responses to customers on sensitive issues.
3) Knowledge of standard shop practices preferred.