Wounded Warrior Project Alumni Applicants : If you are a Wounded Warrior Project Alumnus and wish to apply, please click here . Attach a copy of your resume along with the title of the position you are applying for. After you have submitted your resume via email to the Warriors to Work team through the above link, please continue to the bottom of the job description to formally apply online to the opportunity. If you are not an Alumnus with Wounded Warrior Project please continue to the bottom of the page to submit your resume.
Assist with all aspects of Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Warriors to Work (W2W) program and assist in placing Warriors in externships and competitive employment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with resume building, interview skills, job placement for warriors
- Build operational partnerships with entities that will lead to wounded warriors finding employment opportunities
- Report and track warriors progress and level of engagement
- Assist warriors with the development of resumes and cover letters
- Support and train warriors in the areas of interviewing, job development, and business protocol
- Provide direction and assistance to wounded warriors who seek and who are ready for fulltime employment, internships, and structured training opportunities
- Collaborate with warriors who are participating in the TRACK program and Transition Training Academy (TTA), and alumni population
- Track and report on successful and unsuccessful placements
- Work closely with corporations interested in hiring wounded warriors – uncovering opportunities, identifying and overcoming barriers, and managing the expectations of potential employers
- Respond in a timely manner to wounded warriors, corporate queries, and WWP reporting requirements
- Work with WWP’s Alumni program to inform warriors of potential employment opportunities
The employee's job functions include but are not limited to those mentioned above.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred, or at least three years experience in a position of similar responsibility.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to establish professional relationships for the purposes of creating externship and employment opportunities
- Ability to provide high quality customer services to all relevant stakeholders
- Represent WWP in a professional manner
- High energy level, comfortable performing multiple tasks in conjunction with day-to-day activities, self-starter willing to take initiative
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; team player, ability to communicate with diverse personalities, tactful, mature and flexible
- Good reasoning abilities and sound judgment
- Ability to travel as needed
- Adhere to organizational policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of common business applications and programs
Wounded Warrior Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
It is Wounded Warrior Project policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Wounded Warrior Project does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and childbirth, or related medical conditions), color, religion, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, legally-protected medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by state or federal laws.
Wounded Warrior Project - 14 months ago