The Container Store’s core competency is providing astonishing customer service. Our unique store reporting structure relies on a dedicated team to support and execute our goals. Successful salespeople at The Container Store drive sales by building selling relationships with customers that result in fulfilling customer’s storage and organization needs. In addition, all employees are responsible for supporting and executing the company’s merchandising vision.
A successful Store Manager drives sales and the business by developing the skill level, talent and impact of all employees who report directly to him/her. Store Managers receive extensive training and are expected to display a strong command of The Container Store’s business approach to buying philosophies, marketing strategies, visual merchandising, selling approach, inventory control, service standards, recruiting, training, and our unique company culture.
The management approach The Container Store values most includes coaching to improve performance through gracious communication, accountability in goal setting and visionary leadership.
A Store Manager role at The Container Store involves an extensive amount of support and skill building training from the General Manager to increase effectiveness as a leader. The Vice President of Stores and General Area Director will visit your store regularly to further support your impact and offer broader company perspective and career development.
A Store Manager Sales and Training :
- Possesses strong selling skills, anticipating the needs of customers.
- Has a passion for customer service and sales and actively works on improving selling skills every day.
- Has strong salesfloor awareness and is able to effectively help more than one customer at a time.
- Is aware of industry trends. Takes pride in being a product knowledge expert, sharing that knowledge with both customers and staff.
- Works to ensure the training and development of each employee, focusing on employee needs, goals and aspirations, while keeping the company needs top of mind.
- Meets regularly with the store Sales Trainer to evaluate training needs of the store. Follows up with staff to ensure training is put into action.
- Possesses strategic leadership, time management and organization skills.
- Is a retail professional or vision-oriented leader who is passionate, strategic, motivated and focused in his/her approach to team development and business growth.
- Is dedicated to learning from others, constantly shares information and asks questions.
- Has a desire to lead by example with a grace of authority, embracing and adapting to change and maintaining respect, dignity and compassion.
- Identifies, recruits and contributes to the development of strong leaders that will benefit the growth of the company.
- Is able to quickly establish effective relationships with employees and customers to ultimately drive sales.
- Possesses strong selling skills, including anticipating the needs of customers and implementing the appropriate action or solution.
- Takes pride in being a product knowledge expert and thinking creatively about uses for our products to accomplish solution-based selling.
- Exudes a positive attitude and sustains a contagious energy throughout entire shift.
- Is dedicated to supporting a safe working and shopping environment.
- Is committed to working shifts as scheduled and has flexibility to work additional hours and/or different hours based on changing needs of the business – including additional training and store meetings.
The Container Store promotes a smoke-free, drug-free environment. EOE.
Click to view physical requirements.
The Container Store - 20 months ago
The Container Store is an innovative company that sells more than 10,000 unique storage and organization solutions. We are employee-first...