Tully Rinckey PLLC, a successful full-service law firm with offices throughout New York State and metropolitan Washington, DC is seeking an experienced Legal Assistant/Secretary to join our team. This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest growing law firms in the country (rated by INC Magazine). The firm is also recognized as Best Places to Work by the Albany, NY and Washington, DC Business Journals, respectively.
This position will be directly responsible to work with Senior Attorneys, Associates, and Legal Support Staff on all aspects of legal document preparation and general office procedures. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years experience in providing legal support in a law firm. A strong attention to detail, commitment to quality work product and client service skills are all required.
Specific duties are:
- Receptionist and personal client service skills;
- Electronic input of calendar reporting and time entry;
- Maintain tasks lists of document and court deadlines;
- Schedule appointments;
- Drafting of legal documents and correspondence for respective attorneys;
- Preparation and assemble materials, documents and exhibits for meetings, court appearances and hearings;
- Maintain e-files and physical files according to company procedures, including scanning and posting of all correspondence, emails, telephone calls, faxes, etc.to ensure proper file compliance; and
- Research inquiries and requests for information; and general office duties as assigned for the professional operation of a law firm.
Benefits include 401(k), medical, dental, and voluntary life and LTD insurance.
- Experienced legal secretary (2 years minimum) preferred.
- Proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Office, Excel, Lexis Nexis attorney billing and document management software or equivalent.
- Must be able to prepare draft documentation using Word or through templates and be able to revise and finalize as directed.
- Must be a self-starter, work well with co-workers, and perform all secretarial duties.
- Notary Public is preferred.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements for consideration.
Tully Rinckey PLLC - 4 months ago