Water/Wastewater Department Manager
Dewberry is currently seeking a Department Manager to lead the New York’s Water/Wastewater Services.
The Department Manager will be responsible for developing business strategy, maintaining existing client relationships, developing new clients and business, and supervising department level water/wastewater managers in our New York office to lead a range of civil engineering projects for public sector utility clients.
Successful candidate will be an engineer with a diverse background and extensive experience in developing and executing wastewater collection, conveyance and treatment projects and water distribution, storage and treatment projects. Successful candidate will be capable of leading department level water/wastewater managers and a staff of water/wastewater engineers and technicians and managing medium and large water/wastewater infrastructure and treatment projects. Successful candidate will have the responsibility to grow our NYC Water Practice, initially focused on NYC clients (DEP), and over time expand the practice to include regional NE clients. The goal will be to grow the practice to be able to compete successfully for water projects with tier one clients, infrastructure and treatment.
With support from the enterprise, successful candidate will be capable of leading the business development activities, pursuing new clients and potential project leads, preparing price and technical proposals, and coordinating with other regional and national water/wastewater managers to jointly pursue water/wastewater projects throughout the US. Additionally, the candidate will have access to corporate technical expertise and demonstrated utilization of technical expertise with their project team.
Required Skills & Required Experience:
*Dewberry is an equal opportunity employer.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering field is required, M.S. Degree preferred.
- NY Professional Engineering license is REQUIRED or ability to obtain reciprocity.
- 15 years experience of increasing levels of project and client responsibilities for public sector water and wastewater projects.
- A minimum 10 years project management and technical staff supervision experience.
- A recognized area of technical expertise.
- A SUCCESSFUL TRACK RECORD OF BUILDING WATER/WASTEWATER CLIENT RELATIONSHIPS IN BUSINESS IN THE NEW YORK WATER/WASTEWATER MARKET PARTICULARLY HIGH PROFILE REGIONAL CLIENTS.
- Strong connections to and an established relationship with NYCDEP.
- A successful track record of managing projects, including scope, schedule and budget.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong client retention and new business development skills. Strong leadership qualities and ability to coach and mentor junior and mid-level staff.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
Dewberry - 4 months ago