Under general supervisoin, performs all activites to operate and maintain the biological treatment process, chemical treatment, mechanical functions, and labor operations of the wastewater treatment plant, lift stations, and surface water treatment plant.|
Examples of Duties:
1. Clean, operates and monitors the wastewater and water treatment plant equipment such as pumps, valves, electric motors, filters, dials, gauges, and meters to ensure proper functioning of the wastewater plant and lift stations.
2. Measures the level and flow of wastewater to make appropriate process adjustments.
3. Collect samples for analysis.
4. Replaces chemical tanks when empty.
5. Makes daily record and monthly reports on wastewater and water operations.
6. Service pumps, motors, and other equipment to maintain in good working condition.
7. Sweeps, mops, and cleans plant to maintain a safe work area.
8. Inspects treatment plant machinery for proper operation.
9. Repairs motors, pumps, valves, and other equipment used in the wastewater treatment plant.
10. Informs supervisor of all problems, deviations, and unfamiliar situations.
11. Trains other employees in plant operations as required.
12. Operates and maintains various equipment.
13. Adheres to the personnel, safety, and department policies and procedures.
14. Adentifies and reports any hazards to supervisor.
15. Informs supervisor of all work activities.
16. Assist other coworkers as needed.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
Texas Municipal League - 23 months ago