Water/Wastewater Project Manager – Chantilly, VA (Atkins)
Engineers - Water
Engineering, Water / Watershed Management
has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and the world's 11th largest design firm with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
At Atkins, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
Atkins seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our
staff as a
Water/Wastewater Project Manager
. Under direction of a senior leader, the candidate will apply technical expertise and project management on water infrastructure projects. Projects could range from $1 million to $100 million water infrastructure, including planning, design, and construction management on water treatment plants, wastewater treatment plants, pumping stations, water reuse facilities, and pipelines. The qualified candidate will perform the basic project functions of production coordination, planning, organizing, directing, controlling, financial management and marketing assistance. They will also assume technical responsibility for portions of the projects managed and function as a mentor to associate project managers and technical professionals to assist in their technical training and development.
Project management assignments at this level typically involve projects characterized by changing conditions and requirements, challenging client/agency demands, or difficult project coordination.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position are
• Manage projects assigned, including client, technical, financial, schedule, and risk management.
• Analysis, calculations, research, selection, and layout, necessary to develop required plant design documents.
• Coordinate efforts of lead technical professionals, junior engineers, drafters, and designers assigned to projects
• Coordinate and manage design efforts with project personnel from other disciplines.
• Technical and quality control review of design documents.
• Proposal preparation.
• Other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Civil, Chemical, or Environmental Engineering. Graduate degree desirable. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus.
• A minimum of Eight (8) years experience in water infrastructure design with increasing levels of responsibility and past experience in project production and technical professional activities.
• Participation in local professional organizations a plus.
• Strong interpersonal skills; good public speaking ability; strong project financial management skills (including use of standard project management software such as MS Project); knowledge of production support systems and personal computer proficiency.
• Professional Engineer certification required.
• Other certifications - including BCEE, PMP, CCM, and LEED AP - encouraged.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Faithful+Gould - 2 years ago