We are currently seeking a Senior Level Water/Wastewater Engineer to join our Indianapolis office as Section Manager within the Water/Wastewater Technical Services Group. This position will be responsible for the management and technical development of water/wastewater staff and the technical quality and financial performance of projects assigned to the Section.
- Oversee the design development and production and provide technical leadership on assigned projects;
- Work closely with the Service Group Manager on hiring, terminating, promotion, recognition, and overall development and performance of the technical staff within the Section.
- Assist on project assignments, prepare and manage project budgets, plan staff workload and project delivery schedules, assess backlog and maximize the utilization goals of the technical staff.
- Assuring the technical quality and adherence to QA/QC procedures of deliverables produced by the Section including studies, reports, designs, construction drawings and bid specifications, and construction administration of projects involving the supply, treatment, distribution of drinking water and the collection and treatment of wastewater systems; specifically dealing with process design, and hydraulics.
- 8- 12 years related experience; resource management and staff utilization; experience working on water and wastewater treatment facilities including storage, distribution, treatment and studies on large and small municipal and industrial structures is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering. Master's Degree is preferred.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite including MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Familiarity and/or knowledge of WaterCAD, WaterGEMS, SewerCAD, InfoNet, Biowin, SWMM
- PE Required.
- AWWA and WEF affiliations desirable
- Strong people management skills and the ability to train and motivate staff and work successfully with the project management team.
AA/EOE, M/F/V/D. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
RW Armstrong, then known as R.W. Armstrong & Associates, was founded in 1961. A year later, Gurdon Huntington and James Wade founded...