ARCADIS is searching for a
Water/Wastewater Project Manager
, with 8 or more years’ experience, to work out of our Richmond, VA office.
Primary focus for project work will be on water distribution system, wastewater collection system, and pump/lift station design, development of design reports, construction documents and specifications, as well as construction oversight and administration. However, some projects may also include work on stormwater management and water/wastewater treatment plant design and other construction activities.
Position requirements and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
This position requires an expertise in water distribution system, wastewater collection system and pump/lift station engineering activities including investigations, studies, analyses, and designs, with a strong knowledge of local/regional water market in central Virginia area being a plus.
Successful applicant will have a solid background of progressively responsible roles in the design of water distribution systems, wastewater collection systems, and pump/lift stations, but may also have some experience with stormwater management and water/wastewater treatment plant design.
Applicant must have demonstrated experience managing small to large sized, multi-disciplined, municipal water and wastewater projects. This position requires the ability to facilitate coordination for timely completion and submission of projects. Previous project delivery experience including project planning, budgeting, and schedule monitoring and control is required.
Applicant must be a self-motivated, team-oriented and flexible individual and possess the initiative and ability to tackle new projects, challenges, and concepts.
Applicant must possess strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills, and have the ability to work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously.
Experience with preparation of construction documents is required. Applicant must be able to work with and mentor junior staff to produce engineering drawings, specifications, bid packages, and cost estimates for projects.
Successful applicant will be responsible to ensure project compliance with all ARCADIS practices and quality and safety standards.
Successful applicant will participate actively in the marketing and proposal phases of projects including scope development, development of value propositions, client interviews and contract execution.
Applicant must possess excellent, clear and concise, verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to coordinate meetings, conduct effective client presentations and prepare written reports.
Minimum Years of Experience
8 or more years’ experience
Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or related field.
PE License, and the ability to obtain license in VA
- Experience in water distribution system, wastewater collection system, and pump/lift station design and construction administration/oversight projects as a Project Manager and/or Task Manager, on a variety projects, from small to large in size.
- Strong team leadership experience; including managing overall project delivery expectations, priority of tasks, and mentoring.
- Strong Client Management skills including; preparation and development of proposals and client relationship building.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Years’ experience preferred: 12 or more years of progressively responsible experience, including 6 years of project management experience.
- Education preferred: Master's Degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or related field.
- Registrations/Certifications preferred: Current PE License in VA.
- Skills preferred: Experience with design delivery using BIM or other 3D application is a strong preference, as is familiarity with Microsoft Project or Primavera scheduling software.
- Active participation in local, regional or national professional associations is a plus.
ARCADIS US is the US arm of Netherlands-based environmental and engineering services company ARCADIS. The company provides consulting,...