EWEB is currently seeking a Water Management Technician to plan, prepare, organize and coordinate the daily work activities associated with EWEB's Water sections. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in the development of standards and standard operating guidelines to ensure regulatory compliance. The selected individual will also schedule and deploy crews or staff to ensure reliable, timely, compliant and cost-effective construction, maintenance, operation and/or emergency repairs to related water facilities.
Why This Job:
EWEB offers employees a unique working culture where public service is combined with state-of-the-art technology. Our employees work in a relaxed environment where creativity, innovation, involvement, teamwork and diversity are supported and encouraged. Employees have the opportunity to learn and grown, including training on the latest technology and a tuition reimbursement program. EWEB offers great benefits, including health care, vacation and sick leave, pension, holidays, an on-site fitness center and child development center. Read about EWEB at: http://www.eweb.org
Minimum Training and Experience Required:
Requirements As A Qualification & Progression
Experience: Five years of experience in project management, engineering, estimation, planning, scheduling or construction crew lead experience in the water treatment or utility field. Must be able to demonstrate basic to intermediate word processing and spreadsheet skills
Education and/or training: Minimum of a two year degree in Engineering, Business or related field; An equivalent combination of education and experience may also qualify
Oregon driver license: Yes
Professional license or registration:
Must possess a State of Oregon, Oregon Health Division, Water Distribution or Treatment Operator Level II Certification dependent on area of assignment.
Must also have the ability to progress to Water Distribution and/or Treatment III Certification within one year of employment.
Water Distribution or Treatment IV Certification preferred.
Post-offer criminal record check required: Yes
Safety Sensitive Position: Yes
- Supervisory responsibility : None
- Titles directly supervised by this position: None, but acts in a Lead role to section staff
- Supervision exercised over this position: General
- Supervised by: Water Section Supervisors
- Type and frequency of personal contact required: (general public, organizations, EWEB Employees): Routine and frequent contact with employees, developers, vendors, contractors, customers, agency representatives, department supervisors, and technical personnel to manage issues associated with department functions.
- Equipment, tools, machines, motor vehicles, etc., operated on the job: Personal and Laptop computers. Hand tools, test equipment, power tools, operate pickup and service trucks.
- Work Schedule: 8/10 hours per day, 40 hours per week, Shift: Monday-Friday, Days, Other: After-hour emergencies and on-call responsibilities.
- Physical activities (exertion, environmental conditions, risks, safety, etc.): Oversees construction, maintenance and/or operations work performed in all weather conditions, with occasional exposure to safety hazards typically associated with job site activities and section specific equipment.
Eugene Water & Electric Board - 19 months ago
Fresenius Medical Care
Fresenius Medical Care
- 5 days ago