Hiring range: $1,738.40 - $2,108.63 DOQ
Responsible for operating and monitoring all phases of the plant. This position will regulate plant flows to meet demands of the City of Sterling. Operator will be accountable for adjusting and maintain chemical feed rates; maintenance operation; housekeeping of treatment processes; and operation, maintenance and housekeeping of pumping and storage facilities, as well as other off-site facilities. Basic laboratory skills are required to maintain and confirm proper treatment objectives, including on-line process analyzers.
1. Performs and assists in coordinating, overseeing and participating in the maintenance, repair, inspection, replacement and construction work of public water;
2.Perform quality assurance monitoring through various sampling techniques and makes process adjustments within the position’s scope of authority when sampling indicates the need;
3. Effectively and efficiently operates a computer utilizing such software programs as word processing, statistical spreadsheets and databases , maintain accurate logs and records of work performed and materials and equipment used.
4.Works a variety of hours and days, including holidays and weekends and rotating on-call schedule;
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1 . Proper operation of all plant processes, including plant flow control chemical feed systems,
2. Current state, local, and departmental water quality standards;
3. Handling hazardous material spills on raw water treatment supplies or any other hazardous materials;
4. Truck, forklift, tractor, laboratory equipment and other equipment relating to the water treatment process;
5. Preventive maintenance tasks for water plant;
6. Inventory and ordering of treatment chemicals and associated supplies;
7. Mechanical operation of water pumps, chlorine pumps , valves, motors, filters, backflow prevention devices, piping, and pumping structures.
Education and Special Requirements:
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Education : High School Diploma or G.E.D. Certificate; Associate of Applied Science Degree (AAS) in Environmental Science or closely related field is preferred.
Experience : Must have a minimum of four (4) years of experience in a Reverse Osmosis type treatment plant or two (2) years experience in a Reverse Osmosis type treatment plant and possession of an AAS in Environmental Science or closely related field. Must have completed training in a certified water treatment school or accredited college program.
Class B Water Treatment Plant Operator Certification
Class A Water Treatment Plant Operator Certification preferred CO Distribution Operator Certification Level 2 or ability to acquire in one (1) year
Possession of the CO Class B CDL operator’s license with Haz-Mat endorsement within 6 months of hire.
City of Sterling - 30+ days ago
The City of Sterling provides this sales tax online application for your convenience. It is protected with a secure socket layer (SSL)...