The Cadmus Group is in search of an entry level Watershed GIS Analyst to join our Watershed Science & Management Team on a part time basis. The Watershed GIS Analyst will contribute to applied watershed science research, and watershed protection and restoration planning.
Primary responsibilities include: gathering spatial data relevant to watershed health issues, developing and conducting a variety of GIS analyses, and synthesizing information to contribute to watershed management planning efforts.
• Bachelor’s degree in ecology, environmental, or natural sciences.
• Proficient in the ESRI suite of ArcGIS software and geoprocessing tools.
• Strong understanding of GIS principles, including feature topology, attribute table relationships, and application of map projections.
• Experience with developing geoprocessing scripts and performing complex queries within ArcGIS using Python.
• Experience reviewing large datasets, and resolving formatting and data type issues prior to use within a GIS.
• Ability to work independently, efficiently, and in an organized manner with very strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and meet tight deadlines.
• Strong problem-solving abilities.
• Effective communication skills, in writing, in person, and on the telephone.
• Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite software and Web browsers.
• A cheerful and outgoing personality, positive attitude, sense of humor, and team spirit.
• Master’s degree (completed or in progress) in ecology, environmental, or natural sciences.
• Training and/or experience with R, or another programming language with the ability to quickly learn R.
• Experience developing cartographic products that are informative and visually appealing.
• Experience applying statistical and other quantitative techniques to watershed science projects.
• Experience with or knowledge of the theories, principles, practices, and techniques of limnology, ecology, hydrology, and watershed management principles.
This position will be located in Madison, WI or Waltham, MA.
To apply, visit our online career center at www.cadmusgroup.com/careers and submit a resume and cover letter, in one attachment.
Position will be open until filled; however, we are looking to hire immediately, so candidates are urged to submit resumes soon.
The Cadmus Group, Inc. - 12 months ago