Provide direct leadership to a small team of employees (if applicable), through strong communication, goal setting, and routine coaching of management behaviors.
Implement on-boarding, training, and coaching programs to develop technical and leadership capacity within the team.
Directly manage production employees, including scheduling of workers, pig transport, barn wash labor, and vaccination labor.
Ensure consistent implementation of best management practices in the barns, including sound bio-security protocols, establishment of proper growth environment, placement and startup, monitoring of feed systems, feed ordering, monitoring herd health, administering medications, selection and sorting for market delivery, and loading market animals.
Routinely inspect facilities to validate employee performance.
Collaborate with support Divisions to ensure that facilities are maintained in such a fashion as to optimize the housing environment for the animals.
Implement principles of total quality management in pig production.
Ensure implementation of best management practices consistent with commonly accepted standards for animal welfare.
Ensure that pig production is conducted in a manner that safeguards the environment, protects worker safety, and maintains regulatory compliance.
Collaborate and closely align with other divisions in the business group to consistently and efficiently deliver best-in-class quality products and services to our customers.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED required.
- AAS or BS in animal science or related agriculture field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of previous experience in swine or other livestock production highly preferred.
- Experience with direct employee supervision is preferred.
- Daily localized travel within the working geography.
- Ability to push, pull or lift at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to walk/stand on concrete for long periods of time.
- Ability to handle exposure to dust, odor, and noise.
We offer competitive wages and an exceptional benefits package including the use of a company vehicle.