Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. Its colleges and schools offer more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU is worlds ahead in its local and global engagement, finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission and enrolls 48,000 students on two campus and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. More than 160,000 alumni live and work in South Florida. For more information about FIU, visit www.fiu.edu.
- Designs and maintains the website for Business Services. Develops graphics for advertising, collateral material, signage (print and digital) and layouts for product illustrations, brand logo, and website. Ensures brand consistency across all the communication channels.
- Creates and designs original publications for online and off-line applications. Researches for new design trends and technologies.
- Works closely with the Marketing team to adhere to the demands of the production schedule. Ensures accuracy in the production and execution of all marketing design efforts.
- Collaborates with the Marketing Team to implement strategies to promote products, services or categories through Social Media tools.
- Serves as the primary point of contact between internal and external vendors.
- Promotes Business Services by managing, developing, implementing, and maintaining all graphic design projects related to online marketing, including social media, email campaigns, banner ads, and print.
- Maintains and updates all publication policies for staff.
Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Graphic Design or a minimum of 3 years web/graphic design experience.
- Understanding of spec requirements before set up and final release.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Highly skilled in graphic design software including, but not limited to Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Ability to create professional graphics and brand solutions (online and print).
- Experience with branding and brand management. Ensures brand consistency across all communications and channels.
- Proficient with graphic/design applications such as, but not limited to, Adobe Photoshop and Acrobat PDF, Illustrator, InDesign, content management systems and cascading style sheets.
- Must have an innovative and creative design style.
- Understand spec requirements of each job before set-up and final release.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
$35,000 - $45,000
- Begin time: 8:30 AM
- End time: 5:00 PM
Criminal Background Check
How To Apply
If you have not created a registered account, you will be asked to create a username and password for use of the system. It is recommended that you provide an active/valid e-mail account as that will be the main source of communication regarding your status within the process. Before you begin the process, we recommend that you are prepared to attach electronic copies of your resume, cover letter or any other documents within the application process. It is recommended that you combine your cover letter and resume into one attachment. Attached documents should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format. All applicants are required to complete the online application including work history and educational details (if applicable), even when attaching a resume.
*This posting will close at 12 am of the close date.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act , the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: http://police.fiu.edu/docs/Campus_Security_Report_&_Safety_Guide.pdf .
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Equal Opportunity Programs
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and is an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer .
Job Opening ID: 506292
Business Unit: BUSINESS AND FINANCE
Department: Business Service Operations