Web/Software Application Developer|
The Dallas Museum of Art (DMA) is seeking to hire talented software developers who can join the museum’s team in making the DMA known in Dallas and around the world. The ideal candidate will have a talent for building beautiful things and the diligence to solve tough problems.
Position Scope :
Working with technical and non-technical teams across the museum is a requirement, so the best applicants will demonstrate the ability to communicate complex technical issues in a clear and compelling way.
You must want to work for a dynamic arts organization that seeks to make a difference by providing compelling experiences with art both online and onsite. Prior experience in museums is not required, but a desire to learn new things and apply your skills as part of a team is.
The Dallas Museum of Art offers a full range of benefits to regular full time employees. We seek diversity and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants must have extensive experience with modern web frameworks and content management systems. Please be ready to describe the tools and techniques you have used in the past to build dynamic, data-driven web sites. Applicants must have a working knowledge of search frameworks and systems architecture. We are seeking the following
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
- Bachelor/Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Informatics or related field with at least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under deadline while maintaining a great attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of modern web frameworks, search, and content management required
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming and Software Architecture is preferred