Above all, you’re excited about bringing your expertise to changing the way fashion is presented online.
You have a broad knowledge of web technology and can move between concepts in web development and database management without a problem. You’ve built things using some of the main scripting languages (Ruby, Python, …) and web frameworks available (Rails, Django, Flask, etc.). You’re eager and quick to learn, and are excel working with experts in the top fields of engineering even if you’re not an expert yourself.
You’re not afraid to make mistakes and learn from them — though hopefully you’ve already made quite a few mistakes in the past. You realize that failure is a part of progress and are OK with a quick and dirty approach to building products people will actually use — but avoiding the common pitfalls of compounding technical debt.
You have work authorization in the U.S. The position will be in New York City and telecommuting is not an option – we believe in-person relationships are essential to building an effective team.
Why you would want to work with us:
We’re going to give you the tools, customers, and resources to build a product that people will actually use. You’ll also have the freedom to create a vision and bring it to life. If that’s not enough, here are some more reasons:
Roles and responsibilities include:
- The code that you will write will be meaningful. If you have friends who shop for online clothing, they will be using the product you built.
- You will be helping to disrupt the fashion industry — capitalizing on a $10B market opportunity
- You’ll be working with and learning from the best team of engineers in the fashion industry
- You’ll be building our product alongside the CTOs of paying customers, some of whom are also investors
- If you’ve ever been disappointed by a company culture, this is your opportunity to be a part of building an awesome one
- You’ll be doing more than just coding:
- Building, managing, and inspiring a team
- Providing direction for business strategy issues
- Networking with fashion customers
- Develop content, flow, and visual design of the FitValet website
- Configure and manage servers, databases, and anything else that needs hosting
- Work hand in hand with the technology teams of our partners and customers
- Work with graphic designers to create an attractive, functional face to our machine learning algorithms
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and links to what you’ve built before, and at least one reference’s contact info to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Location: New York, NY