Responsible for influencing, evangelizing, and optimizing Front End (Mobile & Web) performance across digital properties for broadcast media brands. Need a hands-on, Front End Engineer / Performance Analyst that can bring innovative front-end technical solutions to help achieve the highest levels of performance to improve user experience. Upcoming projects include performance optimization of the upcoming site refresh, performance optimization of major Tentpoles/Digital Event promotions, and performance optimization of other existing properties.
The Web Performance Engineer/Analyst will:
- Work with the Performance Architect to research and implement Performance Management/Monitoring processes, tools, and metrics/KPI’s.
- Establish & aide in running the ongoing Performance optimization program across the networks' digital properties based on collaboration with stakeholders and analytics team to build a prioritized plan based on metrics.
- Influence and evangelize the importance & status of Front End Performance across the Digital organization
- Collaborate with Project teams during their optimization of Front End Performance throughout the software development lifecycle, including during planning, execution, verification/reviews, launch, and operations.
- Consult with Editorial, SEO, Design, and Product teams to ensure performance optimization during ongoing site Production/Operations.
- Work with the Performance Architect to research and prototype new and innovative Front End Performance techniques and tools
- Work with the Performance Architect to create and distribute standards & best practices for Front End Performance to both technical and business audiences.
We are looking for individuals who have:
- Expertise in mobile/web performance measurement, monitoring, and management tools & processes
- Expertise with mobile & web performance optimization techniques, tools, and best practices
- Significant experience creating highly scalable & fast performing web sites, web-based applications, & mobile apps
- Significant experience coaching engineers in standards compliant, cross browser/device website and mobile performance optimization.
- General experience with other web/mobile related technologies such as API, REST, JSON, XML, XSLT, AJAX, Java, JSP, JAX-RS, Jersey, Apache CXF, Spring, Struts, PHP, Objective C, Adobe Day CQ/Communiqué.
- Expert organization and time management skills
- Expert oral and written communication skills
- Expert Interpersonal skills
- Experience with business and management principles involved in resource allocation, leadership technique and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of digital media & web site production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media
- Ability to plan, execute and evaluate prototypes
- Critical thinking and logical reasoning skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative and geographically diverse environment
- Ability to manage people and processes, including vendors and contractors
- Ability to work under time constraints or to a deadline
Educational and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in a directly related field or equivalent experience and 5 years experience implementing mission critical web or mobile solutions that are fast performing, scalable, extensible and maintainable, with 1-3 years in a performance management capacity. Requires experience in launching mission critical and high visibility interactive web sites/applications as a key member of a development team. Some travel required.
Indeed - 21 months ago