Reach Your Peak with ICMA-RC, a FINANCIAL SERVICES LEADER in public sector employee retirement products and services. Headquartered in Washington, DC, our Financial Services Corporation manages over $40 billion in retirement plan assets for more than one million participant accounts. We are constantly looking for ways to create new opportunities to serve our participants. We have an extraordinary talent base and invite you to consider joining ICMA-RC's Information Technology team.
This position is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and modifying web applications including designing, coding, testing, debugging and deploying to support the organizations web applications. Works closely with manager or business analyst to develop the best solutions as a seasoned systems development professional. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures used in the web development environment including secure programming. Relies on experience and judgment to plan, prioritize and complete assigned tasks. Works under the supervision of the project manager. Will work as team lead for small to medium sized projects. May be assigned the role of the tech lead.
Essential functions for this role include:
• Design, develop, document and test new/enhanced web application functionality according to established standards
• Provide production support for existing applications, including 24 x 7 support
• Research new technologies and solutions to improve the website
• Develop test plans for new and existing applications
• Participate in rotation of Web Master Email support
• Participate in the rotation of the Internet Pager for on call production support and system checkout
• Work with independently to plan, prioritize and schedule concurrent projects and tasks
• Communicate with management status of development and maintenance assignments
• Participate in application moves and check out in off hours (early morning @5:30 am or Sundays from 4 am – 12 pm)
• Participate in Corporate DR Exercises
• Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the internal and external customers
• Uses logic and proven methods to solve difficult problems
• Learns quickly when faced with new problems and/or challenges
• The ability to communicate and work in a team environment is critical
• Mentor others in systems development
• Perform other tasks as assigned
If you have the following credentials, we encourage you to apply:
• BA /BS Degree or equivalent work-related experience.
• 5-7 experience in the web development environment is essential with experience in Java, XML, XSL and Oracle.
• Object Oriented Programming Methodology
• Must have JAVA and Java Script experience
• Some experience in financial services is preferred
• Some exposure to JSP, HTML, BEA, WebServer, UNIX, Sun OS/Solaris, Spring, jQuery and secure programming practices is preferred
For your well-being, we offer a solid compensation and benefits package that features a competitive salary, a straight-forward incentive plan that rewards results, and a 401(k) Plan.
For your career, we offer tuition reimbursement, professional development courses, seminars, career enrichment assignments, mentoring programs and a record of enterprise growth that creates continuing opportunities for career advancement.
Consider ICMA-RC, and respond in strictest confidence. ICMA-RC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workplace. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.