Web Back-end Developer
We’re looking for a full-time web back-end developer to join our team and help continue building the Percona Cloud Tools (https://cloud.percona.com) back end. We use the Go language, so we would love to find a Go programmer, but since Go is a very new language, we’re looking for any great programmer who wants to learn and master Go--it’s fun and easy!
This position is pure web back-end programming. You should find these keywords familiar and very appealing: API, websocket, REST, data processing, JSON, horizontally scaled, sharded, memcached, mutex, asynchronous, multi-threaded, message queue.
We’re agile, test-driven, and results-focused. That’s not a list of fancy buzzwords, we really practice it: daily stand-up calls, 100% passing tests, working code delivered every week. We do not spend one month planning and another month implementing; we plan, develop, deploy, and repeat every week.
The work is challenging, but that’s why it’s also fun and rewarding! Plus, our team is small, so you and your work will have a large impact. This is a rare opportunity to start with a great team, on a great project, at a great company with lots of benefits.
- Desire and ability to quickly learn and eventually master Go language
- Programming fundamentals (any language, but Go is prefered)
- Testing fundamentals, or desire and ability to learn and master
- MySQL (basic usage as a programmer)
- Linux (basic usage as a programmer)
- Agile (Scrum) practice (deliver working code weekly)
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Ability to work with others in team
- Ability to work independently
- Go language
- Message queues (RabbitMQ, etc.)
- Other databases/data stores (memcached, MongoDB, etc.)
- College degree
Location: Worldwide but prefer America time zones
Travel per year: 1 team meeting, usually 1 conference, more if desired
Percona - 30+ days ago