Looking for a fast paced, creative environment? Want to work with people who love what they do and aren’t afraid to think outside of the box? Are you ready to make your mark on the industry working for a world-renowned company?
Dye Precision, Inc., the paintball industry leader, is seeking a full-time Web Developer with excellent design abilities and well-rounded web development skills. The Web Developer must be able to work in tandem with graphic designers and programmers to build and improve the website and its applications. The Web Developer will create graphics and flyers to continually update Dye Precision’s online presence with unique and interactive designs. The Web Developer is a team player with web development and clean design skills, attention to detail, and the ability to drive projects to completion. The I.T. Support Tech side of the position provides technical assistance to computer users by answering questions or resolving computer problems for clients in person, or via telephone or electronically. The I.T. Support Tech may provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
If you’re a natural at balancing heavy volume and tight deadlines; if you’re an adrenalin junkie and thrive in a fast-paced environment; if you’re talented at creating amazing concepts that turn abstract ideas into visually arresting design solutions; then this is the job for you!
The ideal candidate would be able to create stunning graphics, and through FTP and manipulation of HTML and CSS, update Dye Websites with the newly created artwork.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ability to make simple updates utilizing HTML & CSS to websites through FTP and a basic text editor (No Dreamweaver or other WYISWG.)
• Responsible for meeting strict project deadliness in a fast-paced environment for various web, print, product, interactive, and marketing collateral.
• Creating proficient electronic vendor-ready file packs in all Adobe Creative Suite 5 platforms, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
• Proficient verbal communication skills to effectively express layout concepts to Sales & Product Development teams.
• Expert knowledge of printing and interactive trends to deliver top quality vendor-ready layout for product packaging, catalogs, flyers, corporate material, web graphics, and in store POP displays.
• Ability to create graphic style guides for logos, repeat patterns, and typography.
• Maintain structured cataloging of various file creation and organization of various assets consistent with projects.
• Active participant in, and in-depth understanding of, current market trends in action sports industry.
• Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
• Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
• Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
• Set up equipment for employee use, ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
• Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following specifications.
• Maintain records of daily data communication, problems and remedial actions taken.
• Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems, or to provide technical assistance and support.
• Refer major hardware or software problems to outsourced IT company.
• HTML & CSS – Basic to make simple graphic and text updates.
• Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
• FTP – Familiar with use of FTP applications.
• GraphicDesign - Expert knowledge of Graphic Design.
• Customer and Personal Service — Providing customer & personal services, to include customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• English Language —Understand meaning and spelling of words, composition, and grammar.
• Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of promoting, and selling products or services, marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
• Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with the public.
• Must demonstrate effective oral communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside of the department.
• The ability to come up with ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
• Must have strong attention to detail and organizational skills, & be able to operate under pressure and meet deadlines.
• 3 years’ experience with layout or graphic design and basic website modifications.
• 3 years’ experience with I.T. support for Computer and Server systems.
• Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Visual Communications or Graphic Design.
DYE PRECISION, INC. is an amazing and exciting place to work. We offer health, dental and vision benefits, paid time off, company events, discounts on DYE products, and a casual dress code. If you’ve got the background and qualifications we’re looking for, and the attitude to succeed, we’d love to hear from you.
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate consideration, please apply through Malakye, or email your resume/job experience to email@example.com and reference Web Developer/I.T. Support Tech in the subject line. This position is located in the Scripps/Poway area of San Diego and relocation is not provided. Please submit a resume, letter of intent with links to at least 4 live sites you have worked on, along with references.