- Conduct analysis of Web usability, content, and functionality and provide detailed recommendations for NGA College’s site redesign and development approach. Translate informational content into a functional website.
- Work closely with College stakeholders to interpret and translate business and functional requirements into strong design and implementation plans for Galileo, the College’s SharePoint-based Web presence.
- Design user interfaces for HD and NGC websites and Web-based applications including; visual look and feel, graphics, styles, navigation and layout.
- Apply industry best practices and Web design standards in conjunction with project requirements.
- Map and outline the website structural content (including color, content, layout, etc.), developing and updating style guides as appropriate.
- Test the website for functionality in different browsers and at different resolutions.
- Manage time effectively to accurately scope projects and ensure that project schedules are accurate and well communicated with College stakeholders.
- Conceptualize and develop innovative and strategically sound visual concepts and architecture.
- Participate in Galileo working group meetings to lead the implementation planning for site enhancements and updates.
- Provide general technical support and troubleshooting.
- B.A./ B.S. in Computer Science or related field or significant commensurate years of relevant experience designing, developing, and implementing Web solutions.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Web design, Web architecture, Web development, interface design, or software design.
- In-depth experience developing Web-based applications.
- Experience with designing and developing complex SharePoint sites consisting of multiple levels and accesses and integration of other applications (e.g., calendars and forms).
- Experience working in both Windows and UNIX environments.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of users (internal and external to NGA College), strong problem solving skills, adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership of projects.
- Strong commitment to quality through work products and documentation of activities/processes/procedures.
- Ability to conceptualize, present, and execute ideas in a timely manner.
- Experience working with Joomla Web content management system.
- Experience with PKI (OpenSSL client/server certificate and key creation/registration – Apache SSL web server configuration), Adobe Acrobat Professional, FTP, SFTP, SMTP, DHCP, LDAP, Visual Basic, C++, JSP, JavaBeans, J2EE, BEA Weblogic, WebMethods, XAMPP.
- Experience with ColdFusion, PHP, Ajax, JAVA, Perl, ASP.net, PL/SQL, DHTML, VBScript.
- Familiarity and/or working knowledge of NGA and the Intelligence Community.
- Ability to determine and work flow process and information flow maps using tools such as MS Visio.
EOIR Technologies - 24 months ago