Position: Web Developer (mid- to senior level)
Starts: Ready to interview!
Duration: Full Time
Status: Full Time
Our client, an extremely highly trafficked site, is seeking a full-time software developer.
Working in a highly collaborative environment, your attentions will span across web, mobile and social channels. Your code will be based on what you find using data collection, analytics, machine learning, and optimization techniques on data from a variety of sources.
Additionally, you will:
* review other developers code and provide feedback
* develop prototypes for social media sites based on data collection
* work collaboratively with multiple departments (analytics, design, development, account management, etc)
* concept and propose suggestions for improvements on site features
* write unit tests
* check stats about your features via Google Analytics and Facebook Insights and communicate the findings to your team
* work with social media APIs to better connect our clients sites to their users
* write data collection systems against external web services
To qualify, you must have:
* experience with Ruby on Rails or Java development
* a portfolio of work showing that you have written well designed, performant, highly trafficked, customer facing web applications or services
* experience collecting and mining large data-sets on a distributed system
* worked with Linux, JRuby, Postgres, Hibernate, MySQL, Lucene, Hadoop, Map-Reduce and/or Elasticsearch
* have a github account with at least one viewable project on it
* experience working in an Agile environment
* the ability to design and deliver cutting-edge platform applications from schema through to the UI
This is a full-time opportunity that will keep you busy 40 hours/week onsite in downtown Seattle. This opportunity is available because our clients company is growing! This is an excellent opportunity to get in with a great company!
Local candidates only.
Submit resume (and samples if applicable) to: Seattle13@jobalert.creativecircle.com
Creative Circle - 6 months ago