Knowledge of working with search APIs, such as ElasticSearch or Solr or Lucene.
Experience interacting with MongoDB or similar NoSQL databases.
Ability to read C#; our backend is written in the latest version, and while you will primarily be working on the client, being able to comprehend the concepts of the server code would be beneficial.
Experience with software lifecycle management in an agile methodology (SCRUM, FDD, XP, DSDM, etc.) preferred.
Demonstrated advanced experience reading and translating data, process, and business models into technical designs.
Demonstrated advanced understanding of troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, solution development, human factors/usability design, and implementation of medium sized projects or major components of large projects.
- Comfortable debugging client side issues in multiple browser environments.
- Knowledge of HTML, including the HTML5 element types, and experience creating comprehensive site structures.
- Knowledge of CSS, preferably including using pre-processors such as SASS and LESS.
- Familiarity with patterns such as REST and how to use them from the confines of a Single Page Application.
- Knowledge of how to use Git & Github.com for source control management.
- Some design skills, moderate competency in layout and design skills, especially when creating new controls and components.
Demonstrated teamwork skills. - Good communications skills (written/verbal), with emphasis on demonstrated ability to convey complex technical principles to non-technical audiences.