Web Developer - Madison, NC
Remington Arms is the leading manufacturer and seller of Sporting Firearms, Ammunition and Accessories in the country. We currently have an opening for a Web Developer in our Madison, NC location.
Build and maintain software applications and assist in providing technical support of Web sites and/or Web-based software products by performing the following duties.
- Web Application Development
- Analyzes designs, develops, and implements web-based applications to support business requirements.
- Follows approved life cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and performs program coding and testing.
- Utilizing a thorough knowledge of programming and server software operations develops custom programs designed to enhance user appeal and utility as well as the site’s overall functionality.
- Creates Web front-end user interface to new or existing databases to make business applications Web accessible.
- May be expected to write documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- SharePoint Development
- Working knowledge of MOSS application API
- Strong knowledge of .Net development environment and application languages (ASP.Net, VB.Net, C#.Net)
- Use of Team Foundation Server for development lifecycle
- Intranet management – administration and maintenance of the Corporate Intranet environment (i.e. database, application(s), security, etc.) and its development platform (Microsoft Office SharePoint Services).
- Standardize disparate company’s web sites to a common and consistent structure for all Internet and Intranet applications.
- Application Support – administration and maintenance of production systems in support of the MCD, Quality, Customer and Consumer Services Departments, e.g. CRM, Six Sigma, etc.
- SQL Database management – establish data query and reporting utilities to collect and analyze consumer/customer data and other information as needed.
- Training – assist in training internal and external user departments on use and application of intranet, internet, and other applications as required.
- Provide technical assistance to the Web Designer, Web Author, and MCD Database Analyst, i.e., HTML, SQL Queries, etc.
- May lead and direct the work of others in a technical capacity.
Skills and Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; 6-8 years of experience in the field or related area.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Writes manuals for users to describe installation and operating procedures.
- Ability to write complex documents that are concise and understood by multiple levels of the organization.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draws valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Knowledge of SAP Order processing systems would be helpful.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Systems, Microsoft SharePoint Services and Windows XP. Web Content Management experience would be helpful.
- Exceptional leadership and presentation skills.
- Ability to be a thought leader who is well respected by multiple levels of the organization.
- Ability to solve and articulate solutions to highly complex problems and to work effectively in highly ambiguous and stressful situations.
- Ability to handle politically charged or otherwise nebulas situations while influencing the outcome towards effective and collaborative solutions.
- Must have a working knowledge of relational databases and client-server concepts.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
Freedom Group Family of Companies is committed to its policy of equal employment opportunity and fully utilizing all human resources. It is essential to value the diversity of our employees by respecting each and every individual, valuing their uniqueness and treating them fairly.
Remington offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Don't miss the opportunity to work for the most respected name in outdoor sporting goods.
Remington - 16 months ago