Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins...
We are searching for an exceptional candidate to join our talented team of creative web development professionals. Working in the Marketing/Communication division of the Office of Advancement, this team develops and manages all aspects of the university's web presence. In this role , you will provide technical support for the university's web content management system and develops interactive web sites/applications for campus-wide initiatives.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
- 2+ years experience developing and troubleshooting websites, specifically built in a Web content management systems;
- Excellent organizational and project management skills;
- Strong knowledge of CSS, HTML5 and coding for accessibility.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provides day-to-day management of websites built in the university's java-based Web content management system, dotCMS.
- Plans and creates website design with an emphasis on user interface and accessibility.
- Develops and maintains JAVA Web application interfaces or programs in at least one object oriented programming language.
- Plans and develops website information architecture: university-wide and at the department level.
- Keeps current on overall Web publishing technologies available for the creation and distribution of web-based materials.
- Conducts usability testing.
- Contributes to the university's usability standards.
- Conducts cross-browser functionality testing.
Associates degree in computer science or relevant work experience in lieu of education with a minimum of two (2) years Web Development.
- Strong understanding of AJAX & XML concepts;
Strong understanding of creating accessible HTML forms;
- Working knowledge of AJAX or other Web 2.0 technologies;
- Creation of RSS feeds and a working knowledge of XML;
- Working knowledge of Strong understanding of Apache struts, the velocity engine and the velocity template language (VTL);
- Advanced knowledge of Web content management / web publishing systems. Experience with dotCMS a plus.;
- Working knowledge of Search Engine Optimization/Search Engine Marketing a plus;
- Creation and development of dynamic templates
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 30+ days ago