Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins
In this position you will Interface with unit/department administrators, content experts, technical staff, and publishers to assist in the development, and online distribution of website content and web-based applications including, but not limited to creating, designing, producing, and implementing website content and web- or computer-based systems.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
Coming join an exciting opportunity in our Center for Translational Injury Research (CeTIR) Department at UTHealth!
THIS IS A FULL-TIME GRANT FUNDED POSITION WITH BENEFITS.
- Builds a dynamic web site for data capture for research studies;
- Creates and maintains website database. Administers data entry and aids in correction of records;
- Adopts web site for use on multiple browsers, including mobile browsers;
- Works with research and clinical staff to aid in web site creation to fit research needs and assists researchers with tools to pull data;
- Trains staff in the use of the web site and supervises other web development staff in web site creation and maintenance;
- Maintenance of web server per University IT guidelines for web sites.;
- Integratse new and up and coming technologies into the web data collection platform
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field; or relevant experience in lieu of education and five (5)years of related experience.
Experience with python.
Experience with modern web frameworks such as Django or Ruby on Rails.
Experience with maintenance of relational databases such as MySQL or Postgres.
Knowledge of up and coming web technologies and the ability to deploy these technologies.
Ability to deploy web applications in different hosting environments, i.e. cloud hosted vs traditional hosting
Knowledge of NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB
Located in the prestigious Texas Medical Center, UTHealth is the most comprehensive academic health science institution in the Southwestern...