Web Developer position located at Amazon Web Services facility at 101 Main Street, Cambridge, MA (Kendall Square).
Help us revolutionize the Cloud!
Amazon Web Services is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon. We provide IT organizations with building block web services that allow them to innovate faster and to operate their services more cost-effectively. These services-in-the-cloud include on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database, message queuing, and more.
The position is on the exciting newly launched AWS Storage Gateway service team (aws.amazon.com/storagegateway). The AWS Storage Gateway is a service connecting an on-premises software appliance with cloud-based storage to provide seamless and secure integration between an organization’s on-premises IT environment and AWS’s storage infrastructure. The service enables customers’ to securely upload data to the AWS cloud for cost effective backup and rapid disaster recovery. The AWS Storage Gateway supports industry-standard storage protocols that work with your existing applications. It provides low-latency performance by maintaining data on customers’ on-premises storage hardware while asynchronously uploading this data to AWS, where it is encrypted and securely stored in the Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3).
Join a team that is super smart, driven to serve customers, and fun to work with in a start-up like environment.
We want someone who:
- wants to build game-changing storage service and takes great personal pride in building robust software
- has strong sense of ownership and drive
- is passionate about providing great user experience through Web GUIs
- is passionate about distributed systems
- enjoys working in a fast-paced agile environment using Scrum
- has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- has strong customer focus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field & 3+ years professional experience in software development OR
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field & 1+ years professional experience in software development
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills (Java preferred) and preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform.
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Proficient in asynchronous and concurrent programming
- Strong network programming experience
- Familiarity with building secure software and security algorithms
- Experience building large scale distributed systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience building large-scale web applications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and Agile development environment
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency, and drive
** For more information on AWS Storage Gateway, please visit http://aws.amazon.com/storagegateway **
Amazon’s mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy...