The Web Application Developer is responsible for developing and building online assets, including Web.com's customer-facing eCommerce site. He or she will build applications using industry standard development tools and practices, develop, integrate, and implement related applications components, including front-end development, server-side development and database integration via web services. Plays a direct role in programming, maintenance, technical support, documentation and administration of the applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrable professional Web development experience and expert-level understanding of Web standards and limitations, browser and platform compatibility and best practices for coding and workflow.
- Additionally, the ideal candidate will have knowledge of a wide breadth of Web-related topics such as release management, version control technology and Web servers.
- Previous experience working on eCommerce systems and within a Marketing-focused environment a must!
- More specifically, this individual will be responsible for new and continued development in the following areas: Web front end initiatives, online advertising tracking and reporting (pixel tracking, database tracking, ad-serving technical support and web analytics), lead generation activities (real time and online/offline), e-commerce, data collection and segmentation, template email development and deployment, A/B test development, content management systems and website security.
- Please do NOT apply if your EXPERTISE DOES NOT GO BEYOND these technologies. Expert -level understanding of Web standards and limitations, browser and platform compatibility and best practices for coding and workflow.
- Expert knowledge of cross-browser development and testing.
- Ability to multitask and work on numerous complex assignments that come together under one deadline.
- Candidate must have an extremely detail-oriented approach to managing and completing work.
- Ability to develop code in a clean and consistent manner while working within a site hierarchy that is reusable and expandable.
- Additionally, this individual should have previous experience working at one or more of the top e-commerce, direct navigation, lead generation, or online advertising solution companies.
- Candidate may be subject to a case-based interview where they will be asked to develop a small site based on designs provided by the company.
Web.com - 8 months ago
Web.com Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: WWWW) Web.com is one the most dynamic, fastest growing companies serving small business on the internet since...