The Web Development/Architecture Intern will work closely with the Online Application (OLA) development and IT Application Administration teams to enhance the existing feature set and automate deployments of OLA and other web applications using Java, Ant and related J2EE technologies.
Additional tasks may include, but will not necessarily be limited to, upgrading existing development and deployment environments to bring them up to the latest versions of Oracle ADF, Java, EJB and Weblogic Server.
- Add new features to e
xisting web applications and resolve defects
- Restructure and enhance existing Java code
- Automate testing methods (both unit and integration) using JUnit, Ant, Java.
- Automate builds and deployments
- Create and maintain Wiki for the Architecture team
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment
- Experience with Java, JUnit, XML
- Pursuing bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Coursework or experience with J2EE Web applications required
- Experience or knowledge of Ant, Weblogic and EJB preferred
Approximately 100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions.
Approximately 0% travel may be required in support of the internship’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry.
Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with business needs.
More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
American Tower (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
The Company is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process can contact us at (617) 587-7911 for assistance.
American Tower, an S&P 500 and a Forbes Global 2000 company, is a leading independent owner, operator and developer of wireless...